Time tracking in Asana: a community built comparison

FYI I reworked the layout of the post to make it easier to read. I also removed the pricing, as I believe it is impossible to give a full picture of the pricing mechanism with just a few words (and pricing evolves often).

I have been testing Clockify and like it a lot, making projects and clients for my whole company (400+ clients each with 6-12 task projects) took about an hour and tracking is seamless. It has an outlook integration to bring meetings in automatically and has timers for every major browser. you can enter time in a timesheet, with timers, or from the calendar. idle detection, Pomodoro timer and task/project creation directly from asana or other integration.

At our company we are using Hubstaff since quite some time already.

Advantages are:

• It connects very well with Asana (You can sync every Hubstaff project with an Asana project) - you can set a budget per Hubstaff project either in hours or amount

• The Hubstaff-Asana integration logs time through comments or notes. When logging time daily a new comment will be added each day for users who track time on tasks. This is how it would look like in Asana then

This is a very good tool to measure efficiency of team members and also monitor how long tasks take, etc

Up until recently this was only possible for main tasks in a project so we had to find a workaround for subtasks but since a few weeks it also shows subtasks in the Hubstaff tracker without having to add the Asana project to the subtasks as well.

• Hubstaff tracking can be done via the desktop app, chrome extension, mobile phone

• You can enable screenshot taking in various intervalls, blur them, etc and you can monitor the activity also by URLs and apps the team visits

• You can set up work orders at a fixed budget and you can set up team schedules, manual time entries, set up going into idle (meaning when there is no activity for a set period of time such as 5min, 10min, etc)

• You can automate payroll via Hubstaff

• Bit costly if you have a lot of team members that work a few hours only per week ($10 per user on the flexible plan but there are discount levels also on fixed plans)

I have been also using Worksnaps in the past which works well too, not that many features but for basic use served quite well.

So since we have been using Hubstaff we are quite impressed as it has so many features + they are constantly adding more and whenever you share feedback they are really active to try and implement.

4 Likes

Thanks Andrea I have added your testimonial!

1 Like

Thanks Andrea - awesome reply and something I will definitely check out today.

2 Likes