Tiggers that look at custom fields to determine actions

My first post so apologies if in wrong section.

I have a few swim lanes. When tasks are overdue, I move tasks out of current swimlane to our last column swim lane. However I want to set a reason for doing that in a custom field.

For example, if task overdue with custom field X Action should be A
OR
IF task overdue with custom field Y Action should be B

Specific example -
if task is overdue and status = new lead, then set reason field unresponsive.
if task is overdue and status = hurdle, then set reason field overdue.

All the tiggers seem to only have the three options:
Task added
Task Updated
Task Timing

Any thoughts if this is possible? I looked into flowsana and doesn’t look like that they have that option either.

Welcome, @Daniel_Leonardis,

Triggers for custom fields are found within the Task Updated group.

Are you maybe not on Business or Enterprise plan? You need one of those plans for full custom rules.

Hope that helps,

Larry

@lpb I have the Task Updated group. How do I utilize a custom field that is a Text field there?

Welcome, @anon30388366,

Sorry, but for rule triggers and actions, the only custom field types that are supported are single-select or multi-select, not text fields.

Thanks,

Larry

@anon30388366 Flowsana supports triggers on text custom fields. But I guess the issue is that we don’t (yet) support multiple trigger conditions? (It’s not entirely clear from your description where the text custom field comes into play in your scenario.)

Hey @anon30388366 , by using Workino you can filter your custom field based on text and number. For your case, you can simply use the Workino text-based rule. You can check how it can be configured and more information about rule in this post.

Is it me or I just don’t see Task Updated group in Asana?

Hi @Michael_Kirzhner,

The above discussion is from an older version of the Asana rule builder. The group you’re looking for is now titled “Custom field is changed”.

1 Like