Tasks Not Assigning Correctly

When reassigning a task, Asana will change to the new person for a few seconds and then go back to the original assignee.

Hi @Karen and thanks for the report. Let’s see if we can work this out together.

Could you please reply to the questions below?

1. Are you able to reproduce with an incognito window?
  2. Are you able to reproduce with another browser?
  3. Is this happening with one task in particular or all tasks?
  4. Could you share a screenshot of the full task history (below the description)?

Looking forward to your reply!

1. Are you able to reproduce with an incognito window? Yes.
  2. Are you able to reproduce with another browser? Yes.
  3. Is this happening with one task in particular or all tasks? Several tasks, not all
  4. Could you share a screenshot of the full task history (below the description)? I am not sure what you are wanting. Can you explain?

Thanks for the quick follow-up @Karen_Jones,

Of course, task stories are located just below the task description, this is where you can see details about actions that were taken on your task. To help you visualize what I’m referring to, have a look at the screenshot below:

Could you also share the URL of two the task where you ran into this issue?

Looking forward to your reply Karen!

Got it. The task isn’t recording the reassigning as it normally does so there is nothing to show you.

@Karen_Jones, we’re receiving several reports and have our team to investigate this. You can follow-up updates on this other thread: I try assigning things to people and it gets unassigned.