I try assigning things to people and it gets unassigned.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Just a heads up, I’ve been having issues in Asana where I try assigning things to people and it gets unassigned. When I’ve been setup date with multiple project then reach out message appear

Steps to reproduce:
Just assign the task - For unassigned task
Select more than two task and select date - For Date task

Browser version:
Google Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Tehsil_Shaikh and thank you so much for the report! Would you moind sharing the URL of a task where you ran into this trouble and let us know who you were trying to assign the task to so our team can look into this further for you! Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @Marie i would like to assign task to external (guest), and because i have list of same tasks but needs to be assigned to different guest, i am planning to do it by csv upload.
When i did the upload, the task gets unassigned.
Can you confirm it is because of the bug, or it simply not assigning to the person who is not asana user yet?

Thanks,
Dian

1 Like

@Dian_Wardhani and thanks for writing in.

Is your Guest already a member of your Organisation?

Hi Marie, what do you mean exactly by member of organization ?
The guest here i am referring to our suppliers, and i am not sure if they are already using asana or not.
But we would like to use this asana platform without requesting them to be asana member.

Thanks.

1 Like

I’m afraid this is not possible. In order to assign tasks to your Guest, they must have an Asana account and join your Organisation beforehand. Here is how you can invite Guest into your space: https://asana.com/guide/help/organizations/members#gl-invite

Once yuor Guest have joined your Organisation, you should have no problem to create and assign them tasks via CSV.

1 Like

Thank Marie.
For Premium, there is no limit of guest can be invited, Correct? We are talking about 150 guests.

Hi @Dian_Wardhani, it depends on what type of plan you’re choosing and what type of space you’re currently using. i would recommend reaching out to our Sales Team for this, they will be in better position to advise!