Share Projects Across Workspaces/Org for Work Management

Another +1 vote. I’m in 7 different organizations and it’s simply a horror to keep an overview of all projects and tasks I’m working on together with partners and/or clients that have their own Asana.

Let’s do this Asana!

1 Like

I experience the same struggle since I work for several organisations in different Asana entities. It would be great to receive cross organisation updates in one inbox and manage Organisations >> Teams >> Boards/Projects in one single interface. At the end of the day they are all connected to the same account.

1 Like

I need to be honest that every time Asana announces a new feature like AI-powered automations or some big event like “The Future of Work” it feels like a giant slap in the face. Asana hasn’t solved for some of the most basic requirements of managing one’s work, like cross-workspace collaboration. I have very little confidence that they understand how teams actually work in the real world when they keep touting fancy-sounding features and events with no “there” there. It’s all hype and no substance. Focus on the basics, Asana, and I’d have a lot more admiration for your product.

4 Likes

This is really mandatory.
if a lot of organisations use asana, and we all work in multiple organisations, we need to manage this somehow. im struggle to keep tasks synchronized between two organisations.

1 Like

@Jonathan_Geldert, @Alex_Assistent_in et al,

I don’t at all mean to negate your need here - I totally get the need for some folks and I would like it myself - but FYI in terms of perhaps helping to understand Asana’s priorities, the vast majority of Asana users are only in one organization, so this is not a basic requirement for most of their users.

Hi Phil,

interesting to hear. Since Slack has launched Slack Connect with great success.
It would only make logical sense, that there is a similar need for Asana users.
Collaboration happens across teams, organizations, and companies.

Just as a thought: The low number of users might also be because users are using different email addresses for different projects, so this really might skew the number of users “within” multiple organizations.

2 Likes

This is one of the core functionality features I am looking for! Ease of use so you don’t need two seperate asana instances would be a dream come true. :pray:

2 Likes

Is this something you are assuming or do you have customer data behind your explanation?

@Bill_Pataky,

I’m under NDA with Asana so I can’t really provide any details but yes, I have customer data.

1 Like

Nowadays it is very common to work with freelancers and agencies on projects. If both already use asana it would be much smarter if the workspaces could be connected, instead of opening a new one just for the project.

For example, we are working with an agency now for our new website, and the whole project now exists in a separate asana workspace, and everyone needs to make a new account to work in there. And now we have two my tasks, inboxes etc. All very annoying

3 Likes

Upvoting!

3 Likes

I am here looking for this information on how to do this as well. I can’t believe people have been asking for this since 2018 and it’s still not a thing!

3 Likes

I would also like to be able to synchronize tasks across workspaces. I found one third party app - Unito - that will sync across workspaces, but it costs $24 per month!

1 Like

Please please please Asana – this seems like a no brainer. I joined Asana with the assumption something this fundamental would be a primary feature. Think of Google Docs – you can share to anyone, and it will appear in their drive. Isn’t that a core feature of modern cloud-based business solutions?

I would love to hear why this isn’t a feature of Asana. Are there security reasons? Or…?

For strategic partnerships working on projects (two orgs/ two workspaces) this seems essential. It also allows a org who has created workflows and templates relevant to their project task structure to use these in the management and execution of a project and not interfere with other orgs operations.
Does the Asana team or anyone have workarounds in use for this ?
cheers

Please please please make this available.
It is SOOOOOOOOO hard to organize my day when I have to switch between two company profiles. I want to be able to use one inbox…

We can’t even take the current project from one company and move it to the other as a stop gap…

Same here. Have been waiting for this for a while. Disheartened that folks in Asana know about this and it has not been given priority. Really like Asana, but this is a key feature for me. Does anyone know of alternatives that have this feature?

Some of the reasons mentioned above for this feature not being a development priority do not hold in my experience. Even if most people work for one main institution, it is common for people to collaborate often across institutions. In fact, if they don’t, in part it is probably because it is hard to coordinate multi-institutional projects, something that Asana could facilitate.

In other words, if this exists out there already, can anyone recommend an alternative to Asana that supports this type of workflow? If it doesn’t exist out there, Asana is missing a key opportunity here.

Upvoting!

UPVOTE! For me, this would be a very helpful feature!

Upvote!!!

Actually I assumed this feature would already be included since it is a very essentiale Keyfunktion! Would definitely be very helpful an upgrade the usability of Asana a lot!