Share Projects Across Workspaces/Org for Work Management

Hi @Marie ,

Thank you for the welcome and the information. I’m wondering if there is any update to this type of integration? I’ve been following it for some time now and it does seem that many people are interested in this feature.

Would love to know if this is in the works or if there is a suggested workaround to alleviate collaborators from having to sign in and out of multiple asana accounts to view a shared project managed through one organization’s account.

Thanks!
Sadie

HI @Sadie_Kadlec,

This isn’t our short term plans, but definitely something we will continue to consider as it is a popular request among our community.

Ac couple of things that might help in the meantime:

• Bare in mind that you can link several Asana workspaces and Organisations to your account, allowing you to easily switch between these spaces without having to sign-out/sign-in again.
  • You could also check out Unito, a third-party integration that allows you to manage cross-company projects!

@Emily_Roman @Marie Hi ladies! I have an education company where we want to share our Project templates we’ve created with our clients to duplicate and have in their own asana workspace. We have a high volume of clients so accessing everyone’s Asana workspace isn’t what we need- we just want to be able to share the template for them to duplicate. I know you can download it as a csv file and they can upload that but it always comes out a little wonky and anytime a change is made to the template, that csv file is old. What are your suggestions as of right now? Thanks guys!

Just adding another vote here. The same way that we work with this in Slack with clients… it can help out a TON!

2 Likes

Is this being implemented yet?? This should be of highest priority, it’s becoming a major barrier for me to collaborate with other companies I work with and discouraging the use of asana in preference of slack or, worse yet, email. Pleaaaase help us!! Count me in for 10000000000000 votes!

2 Likes

This is a MUST HAVE. Having to log in across various Asana accounts is a massive ballache!

3 Likes

Just want to point out that 2+ years later, this is still one of my top wants from Asana. All the reporting stuff has been great… but cross-org collaboration is still a pain. Even with Unito.

4 Likes

This would be a HUGE addition to Asana. Please consider!

3 Likes

Agree, I’ve needed this for a few years now to share with clients easily so they can use the templates I create in their businesses! Can we get word on the development of this please? @Emily_Roman @Marie thanks you ladies!

3 Likes

I could not upvote this more highly. Just like Slack Connect was a game changer allowing people to see all of their slacks in one place, so is this one! Being able to mirror/sync projects across work places is so important given how many companies collaborate together to get the job done. And, each one has their own workspace which means everyone has to jump across multiple places and can’t have a single board to see all the work they have to do. This is a no-brainer. I’m looking around to find workarounds using Zaps to connect to Trello and then back to Asana.

4 Likes

OK … what about context switching?

I get that you cannot share projects across Orgs and Workspaces. I also understand the complexities that must be involved for this to not make it to the product roadmap (I was employee #5 at AtTask/Workfront).

But as a consultant, I’d sure love one login that allows me to switch between shared (and unconnected) workspaces. It’s not perfect, but it’s one less login/logout.

1 Like

For anyone following this thread, here is how support helped me make this possible — perhaps it will help you.

1. From your primary account (the one you own — not your client’s account) to into My Settings > Notifications and scroll down to Email Notifications.
  2. Click + Add New Email
  3. Enter the email address used in the “other” instance.
  4. Click Reauthenticate
  5. NOTE: You will enter the password (or SSO) of your primary account (the one you own — not your clients account)
  6. You’ll be asked to “merge accounts” and receive an email at the secondary account email. This isn’t “merge accounts” in the traditional sense. From support:

"Once you do that you will see both spaces in that list but they will still be two different spaces. The name of the space will not change it will just add the other space next to CDP Consulting.

You will then be able to log into either email and switch between the two accounts.

Both accounts will not be changed in anyway and will still be 100% separate. "

1. Do this and you’ll be able to context switch between your primary Asana account, and any secondary account you “merge”.

A FURTHER NOTE: All it really does (it seems) is open a new tab with the “other” instance. But the positive is it doesn’t require you to login/password.

It’s a step.

2 Likes

Has there been any movement on this? I own a project management company and desperately need this feature. It’s somehow possible in Trello, but not here :frowning:

3 Likes

Is there any update on this subject?

4 years later and it hasn’t been done yet. We’re experiencing growing pains and without this feature, we’re looking at other tools to recommend to not just the roster of clients that we have but also to the consultants and contractors that we’re speaking with. Once we’ve decided on another tool that accommodates this feature all clients and consultants will be transferring over.

If anyone here has already discovered a better alternative please comment in this thread to help all the people that have been waiting for this for years now.

1 Like

Hello, I know most people on this forum is interested in sharing projects across different orgs. What about sharing projects across different workspaces within the same org?

4 years of comments all asking for a way to be in 2 Asana company portals and no remedy. When both have Asana and I accept an invite I can no longer see my company Asana Portal. Reset PW and now I am not able to be in the other as a guest. Kind of disappointing as I have now wasted hours of precious time. The antithesis of what Asana is meant to offer.

This is becoming a serious miss for Asana now, and I think it’s going to hold back the adoption.

We’re bumping into clients, partners and other businesses where we want to share work and keep updated within eachother’s workspaces. We’re naturally sharing information through shared slack channels, but it’s impossible to do within Asana. To the extent where we do, we start looking for other tools (google docs, a shared trello, etc). I don’t think Asana can really afford not to build this functionality.

It also seems strange for it not to exist. The business talks a lot about building the work graph, improving collaboration, or reducing information silos. Ultimately, though, that’s not possible unless organisations can collaborate.

This would be extremely helpful to me. Does anyone know if it was ever added as a feature?

I own several companies in different fields and participate in several Asana accounts. Most of my personal tasks sits across two our of our retail brands (both different Asana’s), but we also have a software/IT firm, a real estate firm and a coworking space… so I’m spread across 5 Asana.

The people in the software/IT work across the four other entities.

Not having a better way to share both tasks and projects between workspaces/Asana’s is a nightmare and really hurting my productivity.