Set Due Date from Form entry

I need tasks to appear on the calendar upon submission of the form. I can only seem to add the Start Date or End Date to the form as custom fields but these do not affect the calendar view.

I need to be able to allow users to select the Due Date from the project’s Form so that the newly created task appears on the calendar.

Hi @Tiffany_Bowser, welcome to the Forum! That’s a great suggestion, and you are correct, it is not yet possible to add Start Date and/or End Date directly in the form. However, the “Forms” feature was launched very recently, and I’m pretty sure we will be able to add more options to it in a future update. I have noted your feedback to our Product team on my end as well. I hope they will review it soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agree with Tiffany_Browser - We’d love to open up Asana forms to our internal and external communities to empower our team to move forward quickly. However, if no dates are included from these requests, it creates one additional manual step.

Thank you!

• Tiffany_Bowser

+100 on this. The form feature is a good idea and I’d love to use it however without auto Due Date, it is just too painful to use as we have to manually map the dates for every single request.

2 Likes

Also needed. On a side note, third parties such as Jotform should not be out performing you on your own product. I can map a Jotform to the due date and allow for multiple attachments. I can’t do these things in Asana. If you are going to offer native features please ensure the feature lives up to what third parties are doing for you.

Bump.

Can someone from Asana confirm that this is in the roadmap?

Hi @Doug_Palmer and welcome to the forum,

Asana doesn’t publicly comment on their roadmap or upcoming features. There’s a lot more information here about their roadmap, user feedback, etc.:

1 Like

I was hoping that there would be an option in the new Rules feature to add the due date from a field in the Form, but alas it’s not an option in there yet either.

@Tiffany_Bowser, @Wil_A, @Jay_Park, @April_Pruitt, @NoraRoxie

Hi all,

FYI I’ve just introduced Forms Support into Flowsana - it now lets you set a due date for every form submission - you can base it off of a field in the form, or the form’s submission date - and you can add or subtract a number-of-days offset from the above date as well.

See this forum post for more info:

Hi Vanessa! Any news about setting Start/End Dates directly in the “Forms”? :wink:

I’ve noticed this issue as well, as I can select a due date as a field of entry on the form, but that due date does not translate to the task, it just shows up in the description which isn’t super helpful.

Hi @kantoloco, this is on our radar, but we don’t have any timeframe to share yet. Our developers often check the feature requests here in the Forum. :slight_smile: