Set Due Date from Form entry

+1! I would love to have Due Date set into the form so we can prioritize our tasks.

I was actually trying to do exactly what numerous people here were trying to do and found this conversation. Connecting the due date submitted in the form directly to the due date field of the task it creates. That would be a very powerful feature.

It really would be a power feature, any update this @Vanessa_N?

Hi @claire5, we don’t have anything to share yet, but we’ll be sure to post any future updates here in the Forum.

Any updates on the feature suggestion of the year?

Hi there, bumping this as well! Not being able to set automatic due date is a huge hinderance for our teams workflow.

Thank you!

@Vanessa_N

This really should be there from day one!
I like the FORMS app in Asana, but being able to set a date for something in the fields, which are not connected to the TASK DATE doesn`t work.

Waiting for this feature as well.

1 Like

Created an account to add my name to the throngs of people requesting what should be in the app already.

It’s not the end of the world for me, but I’m kind of confused as to how this wasn’t thought of right out the gate.

@Vanessa_N any updates on this? Not trying to kill the messenger but hopefully, you can pass on our eagerness!

Hi @Jared_Smith, we don’t have updates yet, but you can rest assured that all feedback received here is monitored and taken into account. Hope to have updates soon!

Can we get an update on this feature for Form Submission? Automatically setting the due date of a task via form entry is a no-brainer. What’s the point of having to enter the due date twice LOL and both manually. I find that there are A LOT of basic functions that are missing on Asana and this is just one of many. If we can get this function working it would help streamline menial tasks.

2 Likes

I’d also like to see this feature. It looks like the only built-in field that can be populated from a form is the task title.

Hi all!

I’m excited to announce we’ve started rolling out an update that will allow you to map the date question to the date field in your task! Now you can also connect your form questions to specific custom fields in your project.

Please find more details and screenshots in the announcement here:

We’re rolling out this update gradually, so don’t worry if you can’t access these features just yet, they will be available to everyone within the next couple of days/weeks!

Thanks @Tiffany_Bowser for requesting this feature initially! :star:

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback! :slight_smile:

1 Like