Rules when adding a task to / from a project...

I’m working on setting up a weekly meeting for my team in Asana. I’ve got a project called “Weekly Huddles”, and I’ve set up a rule that adds a task to an Objectives and Issues section whenever they add the task to the “Weekly Huddles” project from another project.

I’ve also got a Brainstorming section, and I’d like to do the same with that. But I would like such a rule to only work if it comes from a separate Brainstorming project. Is there currently a way to do this?

Hi @Lyle_Enright, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! At the moment, you can create a rule to automatically add a task to another project but it’s currently not possible to set a rule only to work if the task comes from a specific project. I recommend you to upvote for this feature here: Specific Task to Trigger Rules (rather than all tasks)

Hi @Lyle_Enright

I like this idea! I don’t agree it is the same as mine as I don’t cover this use case. I do like that as a trigger.

To work around this for now, set a field in the incoming projects (if there isn’t many) for Project Type, then sort incoming based on Task Added and Project Type ===