Rules actions: Create task, subtasks or approvals - issues with display of dependencies

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

In the rule editor (classic and new), when adding a trigger to create a task, subtask and approval there are certain issues with display and truncation. To clarify, there is no issue with actual expected behaviour - these are simply UI bugs.

Steps to reproduce:
For a rule action, select ‘Create task’
Click the ‘View all fields’ button
Add subtasks eg, Subtask 1, Subtask 2
Above, click on ‘Add dependencies’ and note how the subtasks are being incorrectly displayed.(screenshot 1)
Also the breadcrumbs truncate the action name, as seen here > Create a t… instead of ‘Create a task’ (screenshot 1)

Additionally when you click into a subtask a choose it’s dependencies, there is the similar issue, as well as incorrect display of the subtask name in the breadcrumbs along the top. (screenshot 2)

The above issues are observed when also using the rule actions for ‘Create subtasks’ and ‘Create approvals’

Lastly, clicking on ‘Do this…’ along the top, will completely lose all information and take you back to start from scratch. This could be a bit frustrating if clicked in error. Perhaps a warning/confirmation pop up would help avoid this.

Browser version:
Tested on Edge 116.0.1938.81 and Firefox 117.0.1 (64-bit)

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Business, Enterprise & Phoenix Demo space.

Upload screenshots below:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

1 Like

Thanks we were meant to create this bug report with @Arthur_BEGOU :pray:

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this, @Richard_Sather! I’ve escalated it to our product team, and I’ll let you know once it’s solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Richard_Sather and @Bastien_Siebman, this issue should be now resolved. Let me know if you still notice the issue or if you have any questions! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah great! Looks correct now :smiley:
Thanks @Emily_Roman and Asana team :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.