Change the subtask from a task to an approval option

When I hover over to change this task from the workflow, I get this

This is the part I’m hung up on…it’s probably sitting right in front of me what to do, but I’m just not seeing it.

Hi @Tony_Busko , from the list of actions, it seems you are currently selecting ‘Create subtasks’ actions. Remove this and instead, choose the ‘Create approvals’ action :wink:

This will create a subtask Approval; not an approval task in the project, as some may expect.

1 Like

@Richard_Sather, I unmarked your post as the solution because the underlying issue is that it used to be possible in a rule action to create a set of subtasks where some are approvals and some not, and now that is no longer possible for some reason.

Thanks,

Larry

@lpb , I guess I got confused with @Tony_Busko 's cropped screenshots, not quite understanding the context. I thought we are looking at the custom rule editor, no? I don’t recall having the option to create both subtasks and approvals within an action. Was that available in the classic rule builder? :thinking:

@Richard_Sather, I’m pretty sure in either rule builder that when you descended into the subtask’s detail in the right pane, you could choose at the top Task (default), Milestone, or Approval for the type of task; that’s inactive now and not sure there’s any way to ever make it active, which is certainly odd:

1 Like

Ah right you are, @lpb . I think I had noticed this a while back and forgot about it. Strange that this button even exists if it’s just to be faded out!

1 Like