Rule: Task added to My Tasks – can it move repeating tasks out of Recently Assigned?

Hi!

I’m wondering what the rule “Task added to My Tasks” is used for? I’ve been trying to use it to auto-move things from Recently Assigned – I’d especially like to do this for repeating tasks but it doesn’t seem to be working. I am pretty sure that the old Today/Upcoming/Later feature moved these repeating tasks automatically along into a section as dictated by their date. Is there a way to replicate this with a rule? And if Tasks added to My Tasks isn’t the way to do this, what IS it intended for?
Thanks!

Hi,

Do you know that in profile settings > Hacks there is a “Recurring Tasks in Later”? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Jamie_D_Andrea1, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

You can use any of the current actions with the trigger “+ Task added to My Tasks” like “Set a due date” or “Comment”. It’s just about finding out what flow works for you! :slight_smile:

Interesting! However, what I want them to do is go into Upcoming. These are mostly daily or multi-times per week tasks. The hack notes that this overrides them going into Upcoming — inferring that that Upcoming is the default. But it no longer is. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.