Reports do not want to print to PDF

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When I want to print Asana reports it shows no data on the pdf print screen but the report can be viewed in Asana.

Steps to reproduce:
Search a report (all asks allocated to individual, sorted by Project; Then print and select Save to pdf)

Browser version:
Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

HI @Nazley_Hendricks and sorry for the trouble here!

I seem to be to reproduce this issue, so I’ve gone ahead and filed a bug for our Development Team to investigate; I’ll be in touch as soon as I have an update!

Thanks for your patience, and again, so sorry for the trouble here!

1 Like

Hi, is there an update on the above issue?

Hi @Nazley_Hendricks and apologies for the delay in responding to you. Our team is looking into this, but since the issue seems to be intermittent, it’s taking us a little longer to investigate! Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Good day

Any update on the issue, as it still happens on my side? I have to report back to our COO.

Regards
Nazley

Thanks for your patience @Nazley_Hendricks,

Our Team just got back to me; as I told you earlier on, this issue seems to be intermittent, I’ve been able to reproduce it on my end a couple of times, but other times I was able to load and print the results of this Advanced Search (all tasks assigned to me sorted by project).

This bug is a side effect of our development team transitioning our old code (Luna 1) to a new version (Luna 2) which is much more powerful and will allow us developing Asana more easily in the future. As you can imagine, this is a huge project and while our team is sprinting to complete this transition, they might not be able to fix this bug until the printing vie is transferred to Luna 2.

This issue is more likely to happen with large sets of data, so when possible I would advise you to filter your results as much as possible to only load the tasks you really need to see. In your case, restricting your Search to specific projects or teams might help lightening results and should allow you to work around this issue until we get it fixed.

I’m keeping this bug open for now and I’m following the relevant task in Asana so I’ll make sure to share updates with you as I’m getting them internally. Again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you so much for your patience while we work on resolving this issue!

If there is anything I can help with in the meantime, please let me know!

Thank you noted. Is there a time frame for Luna 2 to be fully integrated?

I can’t share a precise timeline just yet, but will makes sure to keep you posted here as soon as I can! Thanks again for your cooperation and understanding!

@Nazley_Hendricks In the interim waiting for the Asana fix may I suggest you look at Asana2GO. This is an extremely powerful report generator by one of our Certified Pros @lpb Larry Berger. I would render a guess that you may be able to produce some very nice reports for management using this and Advanced Search. And Larry is always available to discuss custom reports.

2 Likes

Hi @Nazley_Hendricks, and thanks so much @James_Carl,

Yes, James is right; you might be able to workaround your problem, in a way, with Asana2Go and create something you like even better if you know some HTML and CSS, or I do custom work as well, and you can contact me in private message here or offline.

1 Like

@James_Carl Thank you, I’ll check it out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.