Reporting Needs Task Status an ‘unassigned’

The universal reporting needs the option to select Task Status an ‘unassigned’ so we can pull a report showing all tasks unassigned just as we can for tasks unscheduled.

2 Likes

Hi @Getz_Pro, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback.

This would be a great addition to reporting! Hopefully this is something we can see our Product team introduce in the future.

I’ll let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found a way to SEARCH for unassigned tasks: Search for unassigned tasks

But when I apply the same filter to charters (assignee = nobody), it won’t save. Any workaround?

Another use case where charts should have the same display options as search! :sob:

when building a chart that has an axis for assignee, but you don’t select an assignee, the chart cannot fill in.

Asana needs to add to the Task Status an ‘unassigned’

We are really hoping a solution for this.
Is it coming already, or must we continue hop-hop-hoping it?

I found a workaround.

1. Add a number chart type
  2. For task completion status, select incomplete
  3. Add a filter for assignees, and exclude everyone.

It may not work for large organizations, but for small teams it works.

3 Likes

Added my vote to this. Working on a large project where a goal is to get as much tasks as possible assigned and I need to see the number of unassigned tasks and track that over time. I hoped I could do this with reporting. But it seems like it’s not possible. Any other ideas are also welcome.

1 Like

Yes, really need this feature.

1 Like

Yes we need this desperately :slight_smile:

1 Like

We also need this. We accept submissions via form and need a way to check if requests aren’t being picked up

This workaround helped my use case. Thank you!

Any movement on this? Would be a great feature to have. Unless I’m missing something, I do not see this as an option.

How can I access the number chart style for tasks that don’t have an assigned person?

Hello @AlbertPinto

I have merged your post into an existing feedback request thread.

I mean you can create a chart and in the filter select “Exclude”, however the downside is you will have to list everybody you want to exclude.

Hello,

I need to create a chart in the reporting section showing all the Unassigned tasks. But I couldn’t find how.

I know that if I need to search for those unassigned tasks I can put in the Assignee field “Nobody”,

But this doesn’t work when creating a chart.

I need a chart showing all unassigned tasks.

Any idea how to get this kind of chart?

Thank you

Samer

Hi,

I believe this is not possible indeed.

Thank you Bastien for your answer.

Do you know if there is any intentions to integrate this field in Asana reporting?

Thank you again

No idea sorry.

Just wanted to jump in 18 months later to say this still hurts. I’m leaning hard into ownership (assignee) of milestones and want to set up a KPI around compliance. Need to be able to select 'Unassigned" in Charts and Rules!