Problem Linking Slack to Asana (I have 2 Asana accounts)

I am not able to link Slack to the Asana account I need!

I have 2 Asana accounts - 1 is linked to my @gmail, the other to my @WorkEmail.
I have 1 slack workspace/account linked to my @WorkEmail.

I need to link Slack to my @WorkEmail Asana account.

When I Install Asana on Slack, Slack is linking to my @gmail Asana account and not my @WorkEmail account, which makes to sense to me, because my Slack account is linked to my @WorkEmail account. I am therefore able to install the App in my slack workspace, but it’s pretty much useless as I can’t perform any of the Tasks because I can’t link it to the correct project/domain.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Do you have guidance on how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Ghassan, welcome to the forum and apologies for the late follow-up here! Let’s try to solve this together.

Please follow these steps to try to solve this issue:

• Type the “/asana settings” command and click the “Deauthorize” button.
  • If someone has already installed the app in your Slack team, please type “/asana” in any channel and authorize the app.

Please make sure you are logged in your Asana account associated with your @WorkEmail email address. If the issue persists, please confirm if your @WorkEmail domain is connected to your Slack Workspace typing “/asana settings”.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have other questions!

Hi @Emily_Roman, thanks for your assistance.

I typed “/asana settings” command and clicked on the “Deauthorize” button - I get the following message back “That didn’t work. Make sure you have access to the task and try again.”

Moreover, when I click on “change domain” and “pick domain” I only see the workspaces linked to my Gmail and not my @workemail. My colleagues have installed the app on Slack and they have it linked to their @workemail, more so, they can create tasks.

One list thing. Yes, I confirm my Asana account by default is @workemail and my Slack Workspace is also linked to my @workemail. No idea why Gmail is still creeping up !

Thanks in advance,
Ghassan

Thanks for getting back to me @Ghassan! In this case, I recommend you to contact our Support Team so they can investigate this further:

Please send them the URL of this thread to you don’t need to send all this information again. I hope your issue is solved soon! Let me know if I can help you with anything else!