Portfolio: Add All of a Teams' Projects at Once

Boy, this seems like a no brainer. I’ve started kicking the tires on the new Portfolios feature, and I think it’s good from what I’ve seen so far. But please, please, please add a function that will allow one to add all of the projects for a given team at once to a portfolio. Doing it one by one using the existent “Add Project” button is very time consuming. One should be able to add projects individually OR add all projects at once.

2 Likes

Hi @dean.clough and thank you so much for your feedback!

This is the very beginning of our Portfolio feature; and we’re planning to continue developing and improving it so your feedback is crucial! I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have some updates!

Having the ability to have automatically created and updated Team Portfolios would be a good addition.

In the mean time, look at the Projects list on a Team page. It gives a simpler version of a Portfolio Project list.

1 Like

Just trying premium as well today and this would be very helpful because as a new project is added (and I want to track everything for that team) I will need to manually add it to the portfolio. there is too much room for error. I get tons of email updates and it hard to track all the email updates to ensure I got all the projects I need in the portfolio.

1 Like

Agree with the rest, this is a must! Hoping this is included in an upcoming update!

2 Likes

Has there been any development on this or any word on if this may be included in any upcoming updates?

5 Likes

Yes please give updates ASANA!

The portfolio feature is fabulous - we use it weekly to review completed work and to manage the workload for the coming week (e.g., workload level by team member and prioritization relative to upcoming project specific milestones). The new feature which allows the completed task view vs the incomplete task view has solved a big issue with over reporting of hours of effort.

Having the ability to add projects from a Team all at once would be a huge time saver and would ensure that all of the projects are reflected without concern for one or more projects being inadvertently omitted. That said, here are two requested considerations.

Could the adding of projects to a single portfolio INCLUDE the option of “adding all of a team’s projects at once” PLUS individual projects from another team? This solution is our highest priority from an efficiency perspective.

Given that the maximum # of projects per portfolio is limited to 250, then it would be ideal to be able to select “add all of a Team’s Projects at Once” but limit the inclusion to UNARCHIVED. If this is not possible, then as a work around on our end, archived projects could be moved to a newly created team for safekeeping thereby allowing “adding all of a Team’s projects at once” to only reflect unarchived projects.

10 Likes

I totally agree with @dean.clough on this. This request keeps on popping up from our management team. Please have a look at this option as it would be highly appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to have a “auto-portfolio” that shows all projects in certain Teams. Teams shown would be selectable - either on creating the portfolio or as an option withing the portfolio option menu. As projects are added or moved to those Teams, the portfolio would update.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us @Joseph_Reynolds :smiley:

There is a similar thread in the Forum regarding this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with it to avoid duplication and concentrate votes in one thread. I hope it’s OK. Please don’t forget to add your vote by clicking on the Vote button next to the title!

Have a great Friday Joseph!

I also receive this feature request from many of my consulting clients. Wish i could add their votes here.

1 Like

I have coded a small tool to add all projects into one portfolio iDO Tools - Improve Asana with our tools and automations
At the moment you can’t choose a team + the limit for portfolios is 250. But I’ll improve the tool soon.

1 Like

Bastien,

Thank you - I tested the tool out and it may do what I need for my “All Projects” portfolio! It would be amazing if it could also select only certain teams. And even more if it could select from custom dropdown fields :smiley:

We have more than 250 projects, does this tool ignore archived projects? I have a lot I could archive but just never had a reason to.

The tool now allows you to choose a team rather than the entire organization!

2 Likes

The manual process of adding projects to a portfolio is pretty cumbersome. It would be nice to be able to either push all projects of a certain team to a portfolio or at least to visually identify from the Team window the projects that are actually linked to a portfolio

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Francois_Torche :wave:t5: and thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

I’m merging your post with an existing thread we have requesting this functionality to avoid duplications and I would highly encourage you to cast your vote by clicking in the Vote button next to the title.

Thank yo again for sharing your suggestion with us! I hope you have a nice weekend!

see my tool above you does that

Hello Asana admins! This request has been in play for almost 2 years, can you let us know if there’s any plan to implement? We all love what you do, but this one is very painful having to manually update portfolios when simply allowing to add a whole team would resolve. Seems like a no-brainer to add this feature. Thanks so much!

3 Likes

I must say I do not feel comfortable with your tool reading all my tasks and projects… not so smart security wise.
Asana should develop in on their own. it’s a very important feature.