Outlook not syncing to Asana calendar after initial set up

Greetings,
I have synced a calendar from Asana to Outlook. All tasks that existed when I set up the sync show in Outlook but new tasks aren’t showing up, even after I manually refresh the calendar from Outlook. Any ideas?

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi @Alex_de_Guzman and welcome to the Forum :wave:t3:

While the initial sync happens instantly, it might take up to 24h for a refresh and for any additional task information to appear (Unfortunately, this is not something we can control on our end since updates are performed by Outlook).

Please let me know if you’re still running into the same issue after this period!

1 Like

I am having this same issue. I set up syncing to Outlook following the instructions, but none of the new tasks I added after the initial setup have been added to my calendar. I double-checked, and my calendar has been syncing daily. It’s been a week since I added the new tasks in Asana, but despite the fact that Outlook says it’s been refreshing, nothing has shown up.

2 Likes

Hi @Sarah_White1 and welcome to the Forum!

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble syncing your Asana with Outlook. Could you try removing and re-adding your project from your Outlook calendar? All instructions can be found in this article, and in most cases, reconnecting the project is the solution to sync issues.

Looking forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Got the same problem. Already removed it and added it again (in Outlook for desktop as part of Office 365). Still it is not updating this calendar at all. Not very helpful as I use Outlook for my calendar.

3 Likes

Same issue here - connected Asana to Outlook 2016, initial Sync shows all tasks form my tasks list, for every new task I’m adding in Asana or as an Outlook email I pushed to Asana - it does not go through to the calendar… Tried re-connecting the tasks list and didn’t help… Anyone found a solution for that?

2 Likes

Same issue here. Syncs initially and then not again. I have to delete and then start over daily.

3 Likes

Same issue here…

1 Like

Also having the same issue… let me know if there is a solution.

2 Likes

Also having the same issue and as shown here, this has been going on for over 2 years and most likely without solution :frowning:

This is bad as using outlook at work as the main tool and not being able to have the calendar updated renders the work with both tools very difficult, to say the least.

3 Likes

I’ve sent two service requests to tech support about this and no answer. Found this response by googling (couldn’t find it in the help pages of asana) and I see it probably won’t be fixed. I guess I just have to remove and replace the calendar every time I change something in asana. sigh.

2 Likes

you are the only person here who seems to work for asana. Have you abandoned us to deal with this issue however we may manage? No reply for almost 2 years.

2 Likes

I provide Asana training to some of my clients and a few have bought this issue up. It’s almost more frustrating having a half baked solution than having it there at all. Really hope this gets resolved something in the near future as it could be costing Asana users.

2 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue. Perhaps this could be added to the bugs or integration section for more attention.

1 Like

I have same issue. I resynced today so everything is current, but not sure if I will keep having the same issue for new tasks added.

Same issues here.

I have the same issue and it’s very inconvenient…

Same issue. This goes years without fixing…BTW Outlook does the same thing with MS PLanner calendar sync…

Same Issue … why won’t Asana get this fixed… We’ve used Trello for years and the Cronofy Trello Connector works seamlessly, it’s 2-way so if I update my outlook calendar trello task, it updates in Trello… this is exactly what’s needed to help manage your diary… if we could also get Sub-Tasks to sync at the same time, this would be a winner!

1 Like

Same problem. Typical software company these days… keep adding a bunch of new features but don’t maintain or fix core features.