synching to calendar

Hi, is there a way for tasks to automatically sync to my calendar of choice? without doing it separately for each task?

For each project or my tasks, you have access to a calendar view and a way to export it to iCal or Google calendar. Would that work?

Welcome to the Forum @Jessica_Lindsley and thank you for reaching out!

As @Bastien_Siebman explained, you can sync any task in a project, tag, or My Tasks to Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, Outlook, etc. Please have a look at the following guide article to learn how to do so: Sync Asana + Google Calendar, Outlook, Apple | Product guide • Asana

I hope it helps! But please let us know if there is anything with can help you with!

Thank you!

Does synching an Asana project to a calendar replicate all the tasks once only, or will it refresh and populate the calendar as new tasks are added in Asana? I synched a project to an Outlook Cal (very helpful) but I’m not seeing new tasks appear in the calendar after I add them in Asana. Is the solution to frequently re-synch? Or is there another way? Thanks!

According to me, it should keep the calendar in sync, even though there have been some lag issues (can take several minutes/hours to sync). @Rebecca_McGrath @Emily_Roman can you confirm it does sync?

Hi @Ramona_Richards, @Bastien_Siebman, while the first sync should be instant, subsequent syncs may take up to 24 hours to reflect in your calendar.

Are these tasks still not showing after 24hrs?

Thanks for following up @Rebecca_McGrath & @Bastien_Siebman. New tasks added to the project are still not syncing on their own (even after 24 hours) but I created a workaround using Zapier that populates the Outlook cal instantaneously. Still unsure why the syncing isn’t happening directly from the web link Asana project. :woman_shrugging:t2:

That looks like a bug… From experience with Calendly and Google Calendar, there are sometimes some strong limitations on Google side, with limits to the number of events, guests… and Calendly would randomly fail to sync. Maybe that is happening here, but no way to know for sure unless a dev at Asana checks the logs I guess…

I would not be surprised if this is an Outlook issue rather than an Asana issue. So far the Zap is working for all day events so I’m calling that progress. Thanks again!

1 Like

If you’re still having trouble, @Ramona_Richards, I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team who will be able to look into this further for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.