Outlook desktop addin down?

Hi @justin.christie,

Our team just came back to me and would need to you to confirm the following information:

Again, my apologies for the trouble and inconvenience; we appreciate your patience and look forward to your reply.

0 Likes

Hi Marie,. OWA does not install the asana add in, it fails at the install stage, the ‘continue’ button does not do anything.

Security settings cannot be changed - they are unchanged from before when everything worked properly.

Wrike / giphy / find time add ins work fine.

the asana add in has actually just vanished from the bar now.

0 Likes

add in back but still not working

0 Likes

Thanks @justin.christie! I’ve just pinged the bug to see how we can resolve this efficiently, I’m aware this has been going on for a few days and that it’s having an impact on your team. I’ll be in touch as soon as possible with some next steps.

Again, sincere apologies for the trouble, and thank you so much for your patience and reactivity!

0 Likes

OK, so on a totally different machine on a totally different network I managed to get the add in to run on OWA.

We may be blocking the add in… .

0 Likes

Thanks for the update @justin.christie; our team just confirmed.

Our Outlook is hosted at https://outlook.asana.plus, so I’d recommend to check with your IT department if they are blocking this domain!

0 Likes

Outlook is not working on my MacBook Pro, I thought this may be the device issue so I consulted with Apple technical service but there I got to know that there is no problem on my device then what is the exact issue kindly let me know.

0 Likes

Hi @Alice_Andley and tahnks for reaching out;

Are you referring to the Asana add in for Outlook?

0 Likes

Hello — I am having similar problem. It is not allowing me to click on my Asana Addin to add tasks directly from my Outlook. It worked fine a couple of weeks ago. Here is the error I get.

Sign in

Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

AADSTS750054: SAMLRequest or SAMLResponse must be present as query string parameters in HTTP request for SAML Redirect binding.

0 Likes

Hi @Rafael_Chavez,

Could you try logging in your Outlook mailbox from an incognito window; are you having the same issue when using the add-on?

Could you also provide us with a screenshot of what you’re seeing? Looking forward to your reply!

0 Likes

Hi — When i log into my Outlook mailbox from a browser, I dont see the option of the addin. The issue is only through my Outlook desktop app add-in. Here is the window I get when I try to create a task from an email, using the addin.

0 Likes

What is interesting is that I am able to connect on certain levels. For example, when I am assigned a task. The add-in allows me to utilize the action buttons. See snapshot.

0 Likes

Hi Justin, I ran into this issue today, Have you got Protected Mode enabled in Internet Options ?

This fixed it for me (outlook may need to be restarted)

1 Like

Hi – Any update to this?

0 Likes