Plug in not loading in outlook sometimes

Hi everyone,

I have successgully been using the asana plug in on outlook desktop but every once and a while, when I click on the asana plug in (create asana task) it brings up the right window pane as it should but stays blank…

I have to leave outlook for a while and eventually (next day) it works again. Is there any reason for this or some sort of tip to the add on that I may not be aware of? Has this occurred for anyone else?

Hi @Laura_P and thanks for reporting this issue. Is what you’re experiencing similar to what this other user is seeing? Outlook desktop addin down? - #3 by justin.christie

Hi @Marie - so sorry for the delayed reply. The pop up saying plug in not working doesn’t come up in my case. It’s simply that the side bar that would house the asana stuff is completely blank and won’t load asana down it. Could be related to that problem you tagged me in though! It hasn’t happened for a while now though so will see how we go? thanks so much!

That does sound strange!

Have you already tried to uninstall and reinstall the addin? View, manage, and install add-ins for Microsoft 365 programs - Microsoft Support

If that doesn’t solve you problem, could you provide me with the following information?

• Screenshot illustrating the issue
  • Version of your Outlook Desktop app
  • Could you also confirm if you are able to use the Asana add-on from outlook.office.com (web version)

Thanks for your patience; I look forward to your reply!

HI Marie - this no longer appears to be an issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great news! thanks for keeping me posted @Laura_P!

I have the same issue as Laura _P, my screen stays blank. I tried unistall/reinstall but still same issue.

It will no longer work for me also. It tells me that there is an error in loading and then it gives me a blank screen.

I’m having a similar problem. In outlook.com the asana sidebar is stuck on the prompt to log in. It used to work fine, but hasn’t been able to connect in a couple days. No error, it just “logs in” and brings me straight back to the screen asking me to log in.

1 Like

I seem to have the same problem.

• The ‘Asana sidebar’ in my outlook goes blank whenever I click on login. So I am unable to login and create Asana tasks from my mail
  • This happens in outlook desktop app as wel as the online version of outlook.
  • I’ve already tried to uninstall an installing it again
  • it looks exactly the same as the screenshot of Alexandra_Oberson
1 Like

I keep getting this error on outlook add in .

I am having this issue as well. I’ve successfully used the Asana add-in before, but now when the sidebar opens it just stays blank. No error message - just nothing. Please help!

1 Like

I’m having this same issue. The web Outlook works fine. But the desktop application does not - I just get this grey screen of death! :slight_smile:

1 Like

having the same issue, starting last week, not working at all. just blank page! and it’s not showing up in my add-in page

1 Like

Hi, we have had this same issue as well and escalated to our Account reps. They mentioned it has been sent over to the engineering team. We have been having the issue for over a week now. Out of curiosity, what local version of Office are people using? We are using Office 365

1 Like

@Marie is there any help for this blank side bar issue yet? I’ve had this issue for over a month and its causing my department to rethink the use of Asana :frowning:

1 Like

Same here, getting this for all users on our RDS environment. Please fix ASAP.
Using latest version of O365 and already re-installed plugin over the weekend without success.

2022-02-07 08_52_28-rds.modernaproducts.local - Verbinding met extern bureaublad

1 Like

We are on 3 weeks of this issue…still no resolution. Issue acknowledged by Asana and they are working with Microsoft on the issue

same with us…although there is a workaround by emailing directly to Asana, the Outlook plug-in is heavily relied upon