New! Track time on your Tasks in Asana ⏱

I’ve skimmed over a few comments but coming to the conclusion there is no option to configure project budget or be able to dictate when hours reset? Any workarounds or suggestions? Our clients are generally on a 20 hour retainer that reset at different times during a month. We use Harvest now but our reporting is awful since Harvest resets on the 1st of every month but our projects are staggered throughout the month. Trialing EverHour and Toggl but looking for something can be integrated into Asana Desktop App.

1 Like

Unfortunately, you cannot integrate 3d party apps into Asana Desktop app. It is technically not possible.

We currently have Harvest integrated.

This is because Harvest integration is made by Asana. But third-party developers cannot do it.

It is starting to be possible thanks to AppComponents, a new feature by Asana.

@Mike_Kulakov, Yeah @Bastien_Siebman’s right. AppComponents make it possible. Though, if you folks at Everhour went this route, I’d definitely still use the Chrome Extension though—way more functional than a modal.

1 Like

I see " * Mobile read-only" - when will this be fully available on Mobile?

1 Like

We have been following AppComponents for a very long time, talked to Asana team, sent them our ideas and nuances. We keep thinking on how to use this to give extra benefit to our users, but the functionality is extremely limited.

1 Like

Hello, when will the export of the time recording be possible. Is this only possible via API or is also a csv / excel export planned?

Welcome, @Chris_GG,

CSV export of time tracking info was announced already here:

Larry

1 Like

your link regarding “subtask rollups” doesnt point out anything regarding this.

@Christian_Goebel, If you’re replying about my link, it contains:

which is germane to:

Larry

I really need the estimated and actual time fields to be searchable via the advanced search. How can a core field like this not be included?

In the past I had a custom integer column to estimate the number of minutes a task would take, and a recurring task to use an advanced search to locate any orphaned tasks that didn’t have a time estimate in place. I want to completely migrate to the new estimated time field (because the hour/minutes break down is much better than having to calculate the hours by dividing the total of number of minutes in my head by 60). In order to migrate, I need to be able to stills search across all projects for tasks that are incomplete and don’t have an estimated time in place.

2 Likes

@Team_MVP_Management +1

Does anyone know if there will be an integration with TSheets with Quickbooks (Desktop Pro)? Hoping to find a solution to integrate Asana with Quickbooks so staff doesn’t have to track things twice (Asana and timesheet). Thanks

1 Like

Some of our clients (Digital Agency’s) would like to have the possibility to add more information at each time stamp so they can export it and give a reporting towards their client.
@Marie Is there any chance this is coming into Asana or do they have to work with a 3rd party tool like Everhour?
If anyone knows something else to get this done, please let us know :slight_smile:

Yet another mobile write support update request. When is this slated for?

1 Like

Hello there,

We hope you’re enjoying the new time-tracking feature in Asana; thanks for sharing your use cases, tips, and best practices over the last few weeks; we’re so excited to see how this new feature enables you to keep better track of your time.

We would also like to send all customers who have shared feedback on this feature. This is the first version of time tracking in Asana, and we’re committed to continue developing it in the future - so your feedback is incredibly important. On this note, I’m excited to share a few updates that we recently pushed to Asana:

Sort Actual Time on List and Board view

We recently launched New: multi-sort, multi-filter and reverse sort on List and Board views! and create a new sort option allowing you to Sort your List and board projects by Actual Time in both ascending and descending order! And in case you wondered, you can also sort your tasks by Estimated Time

Capture d’écran 2023-04-04 à 15.10.26

Actual Time in Advanced Search

With this update, you can search for Actual Time in Advanced Search and can specify the search criteria in HH:MM format with the following options:

1. “Equal to”
  2. “Less than”
  3. “Greater than”
  4. “Between”
  5. “With any value”
  6. “With no value”

Note that Estimated time was supported in Advanced Search.

gif time in advanced search

Actual Time in CSV import

You can now represent a list of tasks into a project or create a new project using a CSV for tasks/ projects that have Actual Time field.

1. The following formats are supported:
  2. HH:MM
  3. __hr __min
  4. __h __m
  5. numbers (i.e. 20, 4, 4.5, 4.21, etc.) will be treated as hours

If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below :slight_smile:

5 Likes

ping @Julien_RENAUD and @Arthur_BEGOU who follow this feature closely at iDO :hugs:

2 Likes

Dear Marie,
I really like time tracking feature.
It will be extremely useful some reporting improvement to have a real timesheet (date, project X, actual time).
Thanks