Asana Release Notes March 2023

Hello everyone :wave:

Please find below our release notes for March 2023 :sparkles: We look forward to reading your feedback and answering your questions in the comments below!

• Time tracking subtask rollups: See actual and estimated time field values on subtasks roll up and sum in the parent task. See more about subtask rollups.
  • Time tracking import/export support: Import and export time tracking values with a CSV. Learn more about importing time tracking values.
  • Time tracking support in templates: Estimated and actual time fields are carried over to any project created from a project template where these fields are used.
  • Time tracking read API support: Now itā€™s possible to read time tracking information for tasks in the API. See further information on read data in our Community Forum.
  • Reporting by time contributor: Use the time contributor filter called ā€œTime added byā€ to see who added time. Check out how to build charts by time contributors in project, portfolio, and universal reporting dashboards.
  • Sections to forms: Add headings to your form to organize questions into sections. See how to create a form heading.
  • Freshdesk + Asana integration: Synchronize your Freshdesk tickets and Asana tasks to see important context and updates in both tools. Get Freshdesk for Asana.
  • Intercom + Asana integration: Keep track of Intercom conversations and their statuses in Asana. Install Intercom for Asana.
  • Mailchimp + Asana integration: Streamline Mailchimp email campaign details and metrics in Asana tasks. Connect Mailchimp and Asana.
  • Additions to Asanaā€™s Audit Suite: Asanaā€™s Audit Suite now includes Data Loss Prevention (DLP), archiving, and eDiscovery integrations to help prevent data leakage and meet compliance needs. Read more about Asanaā€™s Audit Suite for Enterprise organizations in the Asana Guide and the Community Forum.
  • SCIM deprovisioning customization: Super admins can customize who is the default recipient of a deprovisioned userā€™s previously assigned tasks after they are deprovisioned via SCIM. Read more about SCIM deprovisioning customization.
7 Likes

Hi anything new or changed on the ā€œFreshdesk + Asana integrationā€? Iā€™ve been using it since last year. Works well (except if you initiate a new ticket from Freshdesk to Asana, it will create 2 tickets in Asana).

@Mike_Castoro, Iā€™ll have an update in Product Updates later this week, stay tuned!

1 Like

Loving the forms headings! Makes such a nicer user experience

1 Like

I had my project list organized a specific way, and now it seems the drag/drop option to move the list around doesnā€™t work and the only way to organize the project list is via the ā€˜top projectsā€™ and ā€˜recent projectsā€™ā€¦which completely rearranged the way I work.
Am I missing something or is there a way to re-organize the list of projects how it used to be instead of this forced organizing method?

6 Likes

Hi @Marc_Verbenkov , welcome to the forum :wave:

The Projects section in the sidebar is actually new. I think what you are referring to was your Favorites section (now renamed to Starred) in which you can rearrange your projects list as you did.

You can read more about the changes to the sidebar in this post:

1 Like

Awesome. thanks for the clarification. Figured it out and happy I am organized once again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No you canā€™t you canā€™t do sections like we had before. We had starred for ages as well which was where I kept my current main porjects.

Really hate this update, not good to lose things you had organised already.

Hi @Terry_Livesey , welcome to the forum :wave:

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by:

and this:

Iā€™m curious, what is it that you seem to have lost? Have you expanded :arrow_down_small: your Starred section to see if it is any different to what your Favorites section was?

I really hate that Iā€™ve lost the ability to rearrange my Projects in the sidebar the way I want them to appear. No, Iā€™m not talking about favorites. Before the update we could drag and drop projects in our preferred order in the sidebar and now thatā€™s not an option. I only have the option of ā€œrecentā€ or ā€œtop projectsā€ now and every time I open a project it moves it in the sidebar. This is completely changing my workflow and making things take much longer, and even making some things impossible. Iā€™m very frustrated.

1 Like

Hi Richard,

Before, I used to have sections I created like what I actually still have on the mobile app (see the picture attached). Now with the new update they have gone, I can do other things but itā€™s not how I was using the software or as convenient.

1 Like

Hi @Tracie_Stroud , welcome to the forum :wave:
The Projects section in the sidebar is actually new, and sorry to hear it is not working for you. If that is the case, you could collapse the Projects section and drag it to the bottom of your sections. However I think if you give it some time, you will find it is quite intuitive for quicker navigation. Itā€™s up to you.

What you are referring to is the ability to click and drag projects to reorder them within your Teams. Indeed, unfortunately, this is no longer possible from the sidebar, but only within the teamā€™s page.
See 4.5 here. Hope it helps!

1 Like

Hi @Terry_Livesey ,

The view you show from the mobile app will indeed be different in the new sidebar since all Teams are now ā€˜collapsedā€™.

Basically your projects are still organised as you see them in the mobile app. But in the desktop app/browser you will see your projects in either:

• the Teamā€™s page (by clicking on the Teamā€™s name in the sidebar)
    or
  • from the Teamā€™s flyout menu (by clicking the :arrow_forward: arrow, on the right of the Teamā€™s name).

Hope that helps!

1 Like

I never used the teams feature before. Iā€™m a one-person company. There was a way to access Projects from the sidebar. Whatever it was, Iā€™ve used it that way for years before now, and Iā€™m going to have to completely rework my workflow to make Asana work for me again, which is the last thing I need to be spending time and energy on right now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.