@Mentioning groups of users in comment

Is there a way to tag multiple users in a comment update for a project, aside from individually tagging each person you want to reference?
Ex. @ greg @ Mystie @ Tanner - Hey guys, please see the updated description!

Our team uses comments to update on projects religiously, and I was wondering if there is a grouping feature where you can create a group like “Marketing team” and tag everyone in the marketing team to see your comment.
Ex. @ marketingteam - Hey team! Please see the update I made to Project X!

Or if you have users from outside your business inside your Asana org, and you want to mention them all on a comment, but not your own team.
Ex. @ clientXteam - Hi guys, just wanted to make sure you saw your code was updated!

Not a huge deal, as it’s easy enough to just tag each individual person. But would be helpful to have an @ all tag or an @ specificgroup that you create to mention multiple people at once! Especially if you have lots of people in your Asana Org!

12 Likes

Hey @Anthony_Berardi! Unfortunately, we don’t have a feature or a workaround allowing you to tag a group of members rather than mentioning them individually. That said, I can appreciate how helpful it would be, especially if comments and mentions are fully part of your workflow. We don’t have any changes planned in the near future, but I’ll make a note of your feedback for our Product Team!

10 Likes

Is this implimented yet.?

5 Likes

Doubtful! But would still be awesome if it was!

We have multiple teams we use and would be very useful to tag everyone/or groups that you could create within a team

7 Likes

Ditto! This would be a really helpful feature for us!

4 Likes

We are missing this feature as well. As team grows, it became very important.

4 Likes

Same here, would be great to hear any updates on this. Shouldn’t be too hard to implement no?

3 Likes

Would like to implement this future. Will be very helpful.

2 Likes

seriously. very frustrating if you have over 60 members in your team.

2 Likes

We would definitely like this feature.

2 Likes

This would be very useful!

1 Like

C.mon Asana Team lets make this happen and make life easier for a lot of people

2 Likes

Any updates on this? Is this on the roadmap by now?

2 Likes

Hi @Marie, please let me cut-in and share our case study of how it’d help a team with this feature.

Use Case
This @all feature helps to clearly state that it’s an announce to those collaborators of the specific task instead of dropping a general note for reference.

Note
The purpose of asking questions or posting update is different from each other. While an update in story section only works as FYI; whereas, questions need response / a small action task.

Probably, if @all is vague for these new collaborators after the certain story post, it’d be helpful by inputting @all, it’ll automatically load the list of collaborators of the task instantly instead.

5 Likes

Hi @Marie I wanted to +1 this suggestion. On Slack we have ‘@ csm’ for our customer success team and ‘@ eng’ for our engineering team – it’s a real limitation that in Asana we don’t have a way of notifying a group and instead have to list each team member individually. For what it’s worth, I understand not being able to assign tasks to a group like this because it would degrade accountability, but it would be very valuable to be able to mention them so they all receive an update in their Asana Inbox.

Thank you for your consideration.

5 Likes

I recently switched to Asana from Monday, they had a feature like this and it was really helpful and I miss it. Would love if this could happen!

2 Likes

Hello,

At times, we need to reach a broad audience for a task. To do this we either add everyone as a collaborator or mention them in the comment. This can be time consuming and leads to missed personnel. We are able to mention a team in the comments, but it would be great if the members of the team were then added as collaborators and sent a mention notification.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hi Marie, Any updates on this feature? @ all team members can be super helpful when we communicate with other teams. Pls Pls Pls deploy this feature!

6 Likes

Also in need of this, especially that comments on a particular task send a notification only to the people within the task, not to the people within the project.

This made me believe my team was getting notified when they weren’t (but it’s a different issue).

We have a “Weekly meetings” asana project where all our collaborators have been added as project members, but we create a new task every week (new meeting) and they don’t get notified about comments written there unless we manually add the to the task every time.

Using a @all would be super helpful.

Also, sometimes I’d prefer to use @marketingTeam instead of each people one by one.

7 Likes

This just came up for my team too. Adding a feature like this would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes