Tagging in Asana via Slack

I’ve been using the slack integration for a while now, and find it super useful!

One thing I haven’t figured out how to do is how to tag someone on Asana when I send a reply (on Slack) to a comment on a specific task. Currently, I get notified of a comment on Slack, then I have to click through so that the task opens up on my web browser, and make my (tagged) comment on the asana.

Is tagging a feature of the Asana/Slack integration? If this feature is not available, is it in the pipeline?

Thanks for your help!
Meera

3 Likes

Just wanted to second this request! I have to leave Slack to reply to comments (because if you don’t tag people in my org, they definitely won’t respond), and I’ve love to have that extra step removed.

3 Likes

So far as we can tell, our team is unable to use team member mentions in the Asana integration with Slack. If I respond to a comment in our Asana App within Slack mentioning a colleague (e.g. @jill_smith) it does not actually work like it would had I responded that way via the Asana web app. Is this not a feature that exists or is there something that we need to set up differently?

Hi @Kory_Northrop, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Unfortunately, it’s not currently possible to tag your colleagues in Asana via Slack. We do already have a #productfeedback thread on this topic, so if you haven’t yet, I’d recommend upvoting this thread: Tagging in Asana via Slack .

On my end, I’ll make sure to keep you posted when I have any update on this topic! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any update on this? Definitely undermines the usefulness of the integration with Slack.

2 Likes

How is this still not a thing?? Our org uses @mentions only for a lot of channels

1 Like