Ability to @mention Tags in comments or tasks descriptions

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When using @mention there is no choice for a Tag on the list. So it is not possible to @mention to a Tag

Steps to reproduce: In any text field that you can @metion try to @mention a Tag

Browser version:

1. Chrome Version 86.0.4240.193 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  2. Edge Version 86.0.622.63 (Official build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Giorgos_Noulikas! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to @ mention tags or custom fields. You can @ mention users, tasks, projects or teams. I’m moving your post to the #productfeedback so other customers can upvote and support your request. Don’t forget to cast your vote as well!

Interesting feature request! I’ll upvote.

Hello @Emily_Roman,

I posted it on bugs because in Asana guide How to Format Text in Asana • Asana Product Guide it is clearly mentioned that you can @mention Tags

Very good point! I hope for you they don’t just update the doc :grinning:

2 Likes

The first sentence also doesn’t highlight that you can @mention a Team (like the second sentence does)

Thanks all for flagging this! I’ve escalated to our team to investigate further. I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, our product team confirmed that unfortunately we don’t support the option to @ mention tags. I’ve created a task for our content team to update the article. Thanks again for reporting this and sharing your feedback!

As you said they will just update the doc :frowning:

@Emily_Roman I see they updated the Guide but my point might have been missed. There is no mention of Teams in the first sentence even though that is a component you can @mention. Minor detail.

Sorry I missed this, @LEGGO! I’ll send your feedback to our content team so this sentence is updated as well. Thanks!

1 Like

@Emily_Roman I understand that mistakes in documents can happen, but I am surprised that a company like Asana wouldn’t just make good on their documentation and build in the feature of @mentioning tags. Seems like such a lazy solution to just correct the documentation without any mention of it. A better option would have been to update the documentation with a clause saying “@mentioning tags is not yet available but will be soon”, if in fact your product manages couldn’t just prioritize this feature.

1 Like