@Mention people before tasks

tasks

When I try to mention a person, for example while writing a comment in a task, the mention autocompletes to a task with the person’s name in it instead of the person. This is very annoying, because it is very rare to mention a task, but very common to mention a person.

User Suggestion Tool
When you type @ show people first

When you are typing @ in a comment and you want to add someone or something to the comment, show people at the start of the list then order by whatever you order by. It can be frustrating when you want to @ someone and instead you get a list of tasks which have their name in them. I would guess more people use the functionality to @ people than tasks.

Ps love Asana!

Thanks for your feedback @Fergus_Macdonald and welcome to the Forum!

We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post to centralise all feedback in one place. Hope that’s ok!

Thanks. I looked for it but didn’t find that one.

Please Asana, in the user tag suggestion tool (when we digit “@”) give a priority to the team members. It’s dangerous for privacy, when we manage a lot of teams.

Thanks.

Hi @Marie did you planning something about?
Thanks
#tgif

Hi @Riccardo_Mares :wave:t3: I don’t have an update to share at the moment, but will make sure to keep you posted as soon as I do! Happy Friday :slight_smile:

Every day we waiting your solution a collegue of mine risk his life tagging wrong users :wink:
Happy weekend.