@Mentioning groups of users in comment

Yes, we would also find this very helpful. On a side note - am I correct in thinking that Asana will @mention anyone that has been added to a project? We have multiple projects running with different external members and we don’t want to accidentally @ someone who is not related to that project. Might be me just being very new to Asana but any suggestions are welcome!

2 Likes

This also just came up for me. Being able to mention entire teams at once would be very useful.

2 Likes

I would also ask to add Slack’s feature “@all” for mentioning everyone who’s following a specific task :pray:t3: Sometimes we have over 10 followers in a task and we invest too much time mentioning everyone in order to assure everyone gets updated :grimacing:

4 Likes

Adding 5 to 10 members (depending on team size) per task as a mention X 30 times a day adds up to a lot of keyboard strokes. I would LOVE to have this feature in Asana as well, given that most enterprise software already have it.

2 Likes

Hello.

I am from the future, and since enough people keep this thread active 3 years later, I hope you’ll acknowledge that people are –
without a doubt – in a tremendous need for this, especially for bigger teams where individual tagging becomes a daunting chore at scale, and that you’ll put greater consideration into this feedback request in the near future.

As for constantly improving and ensuring that team engagement remains at its best optimum, implementing such tags such as @everyone or @marketing or @operations will allow stakeholders of importance to always be in the loop.

Best regards,
Jack.

5 Likes

We really need this, too. People have been asking for three years. It would probably take Asana fewer keystrokes to implement this than it does for all of us to tag or add as collaborators a dozen or more people on task, after task, after task.

1 Like

Would love to see this implemented in Asana soon. Please implement soon. Thank you.

1 Like

@any updates?

1 Like

updates?

Hi Asana,

Any news on whether this enhancement will be entertained?

Here for the same thing. Just voted.

We need this, too!

+1!

@Marie Have you heard from the Product team to see if this is something in the works since this thread was created?

Yes please - I am implementing Asana in my third company and this has become a problem as we have a larger team - being able to @here or @all like in other software is definitely necessary. Thanks

upvoting this feature, would love to have this on our team.

In our company we have a fast solution for this :smiling_face: We have a task and in its description we have all the users names (with @) written, so whenever we want to mention everyone in the company we just copy and paste that list. We upgraded this list, and created different lists depending on what type of communication we need to do, hope this helps!

@Emily_Roman @Rebecca_Mcgrath Any update on this?

1 Like

Here, inquiring about the same thing. Was hopeful this existed. Hopefully it gets implemented soon.

1 Like

Any update?