Measuring Task Completion Rates

We want to run a report in Asana that shows the success of completing tasks and due dates. i.e. if we assigned a task due for 8/16/18, we’d like to know if the task was completed late or on time. Is there a standard or custom report option to run these easily?

1 Like

From my knowledge it is not. Have a look at Asana Apps and Integrations • Asana and the dashboard solutions there.
I could also build you a custom solution using the api if needed!

1 Like

You could run this type of report by exporting a project or advanced search report to .csv. The export would give you the “Due Date” and “Completion Date” as separate columns, and you could run reports and charts off of these from there. Hope this might help.

1 Like

With the recent development of Formula Custom Fields, does this change how we can report on task completion rate?

I have been trying to figure out a means of using Reporting or Dashboard to display this info. Is there a way to use the output of a custom field such as discussed in Days Late a Task is Marked and compare the number of tasks late to the number of tasks not late? I have been able to figure out a sum of hours as it will report a negative and positive number of days and hours. My goal is to have a goal in our facilities that 85% of work orders are completed within 5 days of submission. I know the export work around and the work around to use this custom field and then do a bulk edit to mark all late tasks as late and then run the report, but looking for more automation if the formulas has unlocked more possibility.