Mark a project for completion

Hi @phil11223, thanks for reaching out! Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t have any substantial update to share with you today, but rest ensured that weā€™re closely following up on this behind the scenes and representing your voice.

Over the last few years, weā€™ve heavily relied on customer feedback to build Asana, and while we canā€™t always address every request as quickly as our users would like to, we do have a robust customer feedback process in place to surface feedback and feature requests; you can learn more about it in this post.

If you have any follow-up questions, feel free to drop me a DM or to reply on this thread, Iā€™ll be more than happy to help!

Is there any update on this? I need to see the ASANA unicorns! :wink:

4 Likes

Really strange that thereā€™s no ā€œCompletedā€ status for a project status update.

This issue has been discussed since 2018. Really quite disappointing to see.

Addition of this status is such a minimal feature, donā€™t see why it still hasnā€™t been added. Would be nice to have the due dates of a project in a portfolio view not be red for overdue when set to ā€œCompletedā€. At present, thereā€™s no way to see all our teams project development cycles in a portfolio without all previously completed projects as showing ā€œPast dueā€ā€¦

4 Likes

Please add the complete status to the portfolio. This is very important. Also a project completion date should be added automatically to the project once completed

5 Likes

+1 - this is such an easy fix and such a table-stakes aspect of tracking a project. Is there a more direct mechanism to make this happen?

1 Like

Notwithstanding the fact that formal project closure is a recognized and required process group in A Guide To The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOKĀ® Guide) by the Project Management Institute, this feature request has been voiced by your customers loud and clear for at least 3 years -a lifetime in software development time.

Additionally, the level of effort and complexity of this feature request seemed minimal, yet the potential value-add is immense.

Not sure what else is needed for your Product team to prioritize this request onto its roadmap?

8 Likes

Just upgraded to 10 users and boomer this feature has not been worked in spite of all the requests made in 2 years., my organization is growing and I am afraid asana will not keep up evolving, and more importantly updating based on feedback

Do you suggest that we archive a project when itā€™s closed or what is the best way to handle them? Thank you.

Recently our team started to use Asana and set a pilot period for 1 year, after that we are supposed to decide if we go for a permanent use or not.

It is funny that a project management tool without ā€œcompletionā€ mark feature.

And even itā€™s been no progress while community personnel has been changed 3 times from @Marie to @Emily_Roman

Thanks for the clue of decision.

1 Like

Hi @anon15039729 and thanks for sharing your experience with us. While we havenā€™t yet prioritised this request, our product team is keeping a close eye on your feedback and continues considering this feature for a future update. Iā€™ll keep you posted here as soon as I have an update on my end!

Status Closed

If itā€™s not possible to mark for completion - it would at LEAST be a nice short term solution to have ā€œCompletedā€ or ā€œClosedā€ as an option on this dropdown. That would let us sort within portfolios, etc.

9 Likes

+1 for adding a project completion feature! Baffling that it doesnā€™t exist yet. Especially with portfolios and trying to understand workload/team productivity - we need to have a way to mark projects as completed!

1 Like

Itā€™s been 3 years since the first request.

We want to mark our projects as completed and see the unicorns, rainbows, fireworks, pot of gold and everything!

When do we want it? Now! Lol. Please.

6 Likes

This seems a no-brainer to me, really missing it here in ASANA ā€“ it should be easily implemented via ā€œStatusā€. Iā€™m working with another team in ClickUp where this basic feature is a given. And to be honest: hard for me to understand why it needs such a lot of requests in ASANA for such a basic and main feature.

3 Likes

+1

+1

For the love of god, every project needs a COMPLETED status! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Please add the status ā€œCOMPLETEā€ or tell us how many requests we have to send to move the topic up in todo list :wink:

Any updates on a timeline for a Completed status for projects?

Is there another mechanism to share our feedback so this request gets prioritized?