Mark a project for completion

The inability to mark a project as completed is not a feature request, it is a bug report. This is absolutely basic. The fact that it is not obvious to Asana says a lot.

12 Likes

Asana team, just to let you know: the absence of this feature just helped me to make choice for Jira instead of Asana for my teams. Itā€™s really scary to see the community asking for a very basic feature FOR 3+ YEARS and being ignored. I believe you can do better.

12 Likes

Iā€™m shocked that you would imply that adding a status update option to a Project is difficult to implement or in some way would affect the vision for how that Asana product functions. The product is too robust to suggest adding a completed status would be a challenge for your team.

3 Likes

In many of my scenarios - a project is one of many under a portfolio and showing thatā€™s its overdue on the dashboard while at 100% complete is frustrating. I have to explain that it is in fact complete to all who review the status of the projects in the portfolio. Moving a project to archive when the rest of the portfolio items arenā€™t complete is not a great solution.

2 Likes

Would be great if there was a method for this. Also so we could detect or a create a webhook to sync data back and forth between salesforce and asana, when a project is completed. Closing the loop and all the good that comes along w/ that.

I currently use Asana because thatā€™s the companyā€™s preference but without the ability to mark projects as complete (the way I would mark an Epic as complete in Asana) Iā€™ll likely recommend we switch over at the earliest point possible.

Hi @AsanaTeam can you provide an update on a ā€œCompleteā€ feature. Archiving is not a solution as it removes from portfolios and does not keep reporting consistent.

2 Likes

+1 to complete project feature

1 Like

Hey Asana Team! Looks like thereā€™s a lot of customer feedback on being able to complete a project.

As a helpful insight, you might consider using JIRA or MONDAY or any sophisticated project management tool to keep track of feature requests, update progress, and let interested parties know when those features are complete. You can use my referral code if you like :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Been reading all of the comments that started over 2 years ago. Everyone is correct with their surprise that a ā€œproject completionā€ option does not exist. Aside for not being able to mark a project complete, one still gets reminders in their email about said jobs - most annoying. Forgive the bluntness, but after 2 years, you pretty much have a case study to confirm this feature is needed. What is Asana waiting for?

5 Likes

This is so LAME of Asana not to fix this minor thing. Asana you are wasting our time not to fix this.

1 Like

Just adding a +1 for this feature request. It would really help by making it more clear that a project was done, milestones reached and the team members could let go of the project.

1 Like

Adding a +1 for this feature request too.

2 Likes

Just reiterating what many others have said; adding a way to formally complete a project seems like a basic and essential feature.

3 Likes

Iā€™m new to Asana and discovered this bug at the end of fully deploying in my company.

We are almost at the end of 2021 in a thread that started in 2019. It would be helpful to get some feedback or direction from Asana on this topic.

My team wants to be able to mark projects complete. Thatā€™s kind of the reason one works on a project.

Please Asana, provide us with some direction here. This seems crazy.

-Brad

6 Likes

Same here, weā€™re evaluating Asana, we are stunned that this is not addressed yet. It is so obvious, when everything else in Asana has a completion status but not a Projectā€¦

Anyway, this obviously wonā€™t change anything as they donā€™t care for years about that, but Iā€™m so disappointed that such a basic thing like this takes years to be evaluatedā€¦

3 Likes

Also adding a +1 for Project Completion marking. Itā€™s necessary for success.

hello, itā€™s been almost 4 years since the feature was askedā€¦ Any luck implementing it?

I noticed that I had incomplete projects in my past due reportā€“three that had due dates and had been archived. They werenā€™t over due, they were just completed. So I hope this feature is coming soon!

1 Like

Wow, I am shocked to see that folks have been requesting this feature for so long with no response. Commenting just to add another vote for being able to complete projects! Itā€™s so frustrating not being able to organize COMPLETED projects separately just like you can with tasks. If you can give a project a deadline, it seems really strange that itā€™s impossible to ever MEET that deadline.

2 Likes