Make it possible to move multiple tasks as subtasks

Hello,

with the current (web-)interface, it’s IMHO not possible to select multiple tasks and move them as subtasks of another task. On the other hand, it’s easy to move multiple subtasks into tasks - so breaking it is easy :wink:

My suggestion would be:
If I select multiple tasks and drag them over to the “>” of another task, then the details of that other task should be shown. Then, it would be easy to drop the selected tasks as subtasks.

Thank you for considering (and implementing) this :slight_smile:

For the asana (Android) app: While implementing subtask and multiple selection handling at all, this should be kept in mind.

Peter

30 Likes

Hi @PeterF

I totally agree. It took me a while to find a similar feedback, and I wasn’t sure if I was the only one.

In addition to being able to move multiple Tasks into another Task as Subtasks, I would also add a feature that would allow an easy conversion from a Task to a Section and vice versa. Perhaps a button as to not confuse the move with Task/Subtask moves.

Karena

6 Likes

This is exactly what I am trying to do - it would be extremely helpful if it were possible.

2 Likes

This is a essential part of our desired workflow. There needs to be a way to make this easier instead of drag&dropping 100s of tasks one by one.

7 Likes

Came here to suggest exactly this.

3 Likes

Yes, moving multiple tasks at-once to create sub-tasks would be swell. Having that pain point now.

3 Likes

That would be excellent feature!

2 Likes

Agreed, this would be very helpful!

2 Likes

I was looking for this feature as well! It would be of great value. @Asana, are you planning on creating this feature?

2 Likes

Same here. I use the CSV importer for long lists of tasks, but they all need to use the same subtasks. I then need to use a task template and drag the subtasks individually. I can select multiple subtasks, but the first task clicked moves into the detail window on the right making it impossible to drag the group over there and drop them in.

1 Like

As a project manager I need a way to slide a group of task dates back or forward as needed - when a project gets delayed, or is completed early, etc etc etc

4 Likes

I’m just reiterating what everyone has said here. I need this feature!

1 Like

Please, please add this feature.

2 Likes

Ditto; multiple tasks to sub-task is a pain,
and/or migrating multiple sub-tasks from one parent task to another parent task is not easy if list of sub-tasks is long.

1 Like

Agreed. This would be very helpful!

1 Like

This is integral for weekly release workflows. Not sure how this has been pushed aside for this long!

5 Likes

Very much needed!

1 Like

Please just make it a menu option for advanced features in this menu:

It is possible on single tasks already:

9 Likes

I would like to be able to make more 2+ tasks into subtasks of 1 parent task at one time. Going to each task is time consuming.

Thanks!

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us @Pamela_Harasyn.

I have merged your post with an existing thread we have regarding this topic to consolidate feedback. I hope it’s OK :slight_smile:

Have a great Wednesday!

1 Like