Keep collapsed sections collapsed when saved under "Save layout as default"

We use a single project as an engineering backlog and have several sections within it to organize it. It would be great to collapse those sections and when saving the layout as default, keep them collapsed when a page refresh occurs.

Yes please!!

I have not found a way to collapse sections at all, even if the view does not save as the default view - which would be preferred, certainly!

Are others aware of a way to collapse sections at all using current functionality?

This capability is arriving as part of the larger change to be able to switch between list and board views, now underway:

As soon as the list projects in your workspaces undergo this conversion (should be sometime within the next couple of months based on the latest news updates), you will be able to collapse your sections when in list view!

2 Likes

If you sort a list view by a custom field that is created with dropdown options, then you will see that Asana sorts it for you as toggle-able sections. You can close them but they won’t stay closed if you refresh the page. That’s what my feature request above is about.

1 Like

@Alena_Dagneau Ah, OK. In Asana terminology those aren’t actually “sections”. I don’t know of an official term for what you’re describing but I suppose it would be “custom field groupings”. I.e. the request would be Keep custom field groupings collapsed when saved under “Save layout as default”.

2 Likes

We got the new collapsable section festure during the weekend and the first comment I got from users was how do we keep them collapse when switching form one project to another one.

Yes. The ability to keep sections collapsed by default would be a great addition.