In line with the existing feature for projects, can we keep sections collapsed in portfolio’s as collapsed when saving the layout there
Existing example: Keep collapsed sections collapsed when saved under "Save layout as default"
Example image:
In line with the existing feature for projects, can we keep sections collapsed in portfolio’s as collapsed when saving the layout there
Existing example: Keep collapsed sections collapsed when saved under "Save layout as default"
Example image:
Hi @NateAus, welcome to the Asana Community Forum ![]()
Thanks for providing this feedback! Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future.
I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates ![]()
Yep. This is something that should work the same as in any other project. After collapsing the section and click on “Save as default” it should keep collapsed. 100 % Agree with @NateAus
Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Portfolio “Save layout as default” not saving section status (open/closed). When I minimize a section and save the layout, and go back to the portfolio, it is still open. This is not the same as Projects which do save the minimized status of a section.
Steps to reproduce:
See above
Browser version:
Most recent Asana desktop app
Upload screenshots below:
There’s already a Product Feedback request for this so I’m merging your post there and you and others can vote at the top.
(Since this is not yet an intended feature, Asana doesn’t consider a bug.)
Thanks,
Larry
Appreciate that Larry! Figured it was a bug as it wasn’t working the same as projects.
I’m noticing the same issue, would love to see this as an option!
Just want to call out this should be the same for the timeline if I collapse sections.
I’m currently facing this bug and I’m hoping this feature would help minimise the impact: Timeline only loads after scrolling (project with 300+ tasks and 30+ sections) - Bugs / Closed - Asana Community Forum
Thank you for the save view option. When sorting by group, then collapsing certain groups it does NOT save the view that way. Every time to come back to the portfolio (with a lot of projects in it) it brings it with all the groups expanded. I am wanting to use the tabs to save different views of the same portfolio of projects, and just look at it different ways through these saved tabs. Can you please make the ‘save view’ feature keep any collapsed groups, stay collapsed?
Thank you,
I’ve merged your post into an existing topic where you can click the title to scroll to the top and vote by clicking the purple Vote button.
Thanks,
Larry
Thank you Larry!
Years later, this statement smells
Can you be more specific? I’m not sure exactly what you’re objecting to: Asana not considering this a bug? My statement, since you’re quoting me? Can you clarify?
FWIW, I and my colleagues have lobbied Asana’s product managers and product management leaders about inconsistencies such as this causing ongoing hardships for customers. We’ve had some successes but not as many as we’d like to see.
Thanks,
Larry
Our main concern was that the Help page about portfolio views offers only one sentence to describe the Group by feature. This leads the user to search high and low for a description of what can and cannot be done with the feature. By the time we open a ticket to ask for more information, we’re grouchy.
Below is the entirety of the entry about the Group by feature in portfolio views:
Group by
Group by allows you to group portfolios by specific fields such as owner, status, and due date.
From https://help.asana.com/s/article/portfolio-views
Thanks for engaging with us about this,
– Preston.
Agree! I’ve noticed that some help articles started becoming pretty unhelpful; this one is a clear example.
If you don’t mind, could you create a new English Forum > Product Feedback for this request, which is a different request than this existing topic. That way it’s clear to each person what they’re voting for. Basically, just repeat most of your last post as the content, and you could also link to this topic as background.
Thanks,
Larry