Issue logging into Asana with different Gmail accounts

You need to add a logout button, I have another gmail account which it automatically logged into and i have no way of logging out of it. It just says tell us about your team and none of the rest of the interface is present. Please add a logout button to this page so i can relogin with my work email.

There is a logout button if you click on your avatar in the top right corner and then at the bottom of the menu “Log Out”. Is it what you are looking for?

If it is stuck in the setup mode, can you clear your cache to allow you to log in using the correct details.

There is a log out button as described above but I am unsure as to whether this is shown on the startup page.

Hi @Derek_Rhode welcome to the Forum and sorry for the trouble. @Bastien_Siebman and @Amy_Cox thank you for the help. Derek, it sounds like you are stuck on the account creation screen, and the log out button is not available on that page until you finish the account set up. We have more information here: Asana FAQs and common questions | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

When you accidentally start the account set up with a different email address and stop before the end of the process, due to cache and cookies you are automatically brought back to that page when you go back to Asana, To resolve the problem, you can either finish the process and log out of this new account or, as Amy mentioned, simply clear the cache and cookies in your browser to be able to log in to the correct account. I know it’s not an ideal process, but it should help you here as a short term solution. I have also noted your feedback for our Product team for consideration. Please keep us posted on your progress!

1 Like

Hi @Vanessa_N, completing the profile of my account allowed me to logout but when i press login with google it automatically logs into my other gmail because it was logged into a gmail service on another tab. So essentially its the same issue, I think i’ll just have to use incognito until your team figures out a solution.

Hi, @Derek_Rhode. Thank you for the additional details and sorry for the trouble. I see what you mean now. Our Support team would be glad to take a closer look into this for you. Would it be possible for you to send them a message with a screenshot showing this problem? Also, please include the link to this thread in your email. This will help them understand the issue you are experiencing and you won’t need to explain it again. I appreciate your collaboration! :slight_smile: