iOS has no notifications whatsoever?

So my team and I recently switched to asana and we realized we get no notifications whatsoever on our iphone, even though we turned it on under setting > notification center > asana > banner and badge on AND setting > asana > notifications on. We need to constantly open Asana on our phone to see if there’s a new task that was assigned to us. I saw people were complaining about iOS device not getting notifications for due date, but for our case, we are not getting ANYTHING at all.

Hi @Sidao_Li and welcome to the Forum :wave:t3:

Sounds like you have all your setting right, could you just verify you have enabled all options (“Allow notifications”, “Badge App icon” and “Show on lock screen” in Settings > Notification Center > Asana? (Getting started with the Asana iOS app | Product guide • Asana Product Guide).

One other important thing to keep in mind, you will only get push notifications when:

• A task has been assigned to you
  • A task you’re assigned and/or following has a comment posted
  • A task you’re following is marked as complete
  • A task you’re assigned is due (sent around midnight on the day of the task’s due date)
  • A Conversation is posted in a Team or Workspace that you belong to
1 Like

I’m also wondering which ios this is happening on - maybe it’s a recent thing. I haven’t yet updated to the most recent ios and I get my banners and alerts.
@Sidao_Li - is this an issue for every user, and are any of the users on different versions of ios?

@joel_charles maybe because we are all on iOS 12

Hi @Marie,

Yes. I have attached a photo of my setting in this email. And no, I’m not receiving ANY notifications at all (no push notification when a task is assigned to me, no push notification for new comment under a task I was assigned to, no push notification when a task is marked complete, no push notification when something is due, no nothing in the Notification Center for asana).

Thanks for the follow-up @Sidao_Li! @Joel_Charles I’m running iOS 12 and I’ve just tested push notifications, they are working fine for me, so the issue must come from something else!

@Sidao_Li, would you mind trying to delete your app and re-install it using this link? ‎Asana: Work in one place on the App Store

I suspect the issue could be related to the app itself (you could be running an older version of the Asana app with the new iOS for example) in which case reinstalling it should fix your issue.

Keep us posted! :slight_smile:

@Marie it works now! Got the notification after 5 mins a task was assigned to me! Hooooray! I’ll tell my team to do the same and let you know if they are experiencing similar issues

2 Likes

Great news @Sidao_Li :tada: Thank you so much for keeping me posted! Marking this post resolved for now, but please let me know if your colleagues are still running into trouble!

@Marie
Hi, I also have totally the same trouble about iOS badges.
I did all actions mentioned on this thread, but it couldn’t be solved yet.

Do you have any ideas to do to solve the problem ?

Best

@Marie addtionally, my iOS version is 12.2

Hi @Keigo_SADAKANE and thanks for reaching out! Let’s see if we can resolve this together!

Could you please send me a screenshot of your notification settings?

Could you verify that your DO not Disturb mode isn’t enable?

Could you also confirm if you’re receiving any notification, or are you missing them all?

Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you for reply @Marie!
I attach my notification setting and DONT DISTURB setting on my iPhone.

And I can receive any type of notifications of other Apps except ASANA.

Could you come up with another reasons?!

Thank you so much for the quick follow-up @Keigo_SADAKANE,

Under “Show Preview”, can you select “Always” and let me know if you receive any notification from there? Here are the type of notification you should receive via Mobile: Email notifications from Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Looking forward to your reply!

Goodday!

We started using Asana a couple of days ago and I work on a Macbook Pro and an iPhone XR. Ive been looking on the internet and on this forum but I can’t seem to fix the problem.

I tried everything i could think of… My IOS on my iPhone is updated to 13.6

Can anybody help me out?

Your iOS has no notifications may be attributed to the not-open push feature, iOS bugs, and more. To fix this issue, first you can check whether you turn on the Push button. Then you could also try disabling low power mode. If they don’t work, try out using professional iOS system recovery such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery to fix your iOS system, finally resolving the problem.

Hi - I have tried the two help links but I do not receive notifications when a task is due on my iPhone, does this work?

I have problem wit the notiications
the daily notification I get it.

but other notifications
but I will not receive any other notification.

I allow everything,
I’ve tried calendar syncing as well
but there are also only all day tasks!
I do not receive timed notifications.

the app is very good but without it it is very problematic to use
thanks for the help!

I am also experiencing this issue of no iPhone notifications. I only receive a daily email. I have all of the obvious settings enabled , iPhone is updated and restarted. I also deleted and reinstalled the app twice. I receive notifications from other apps similar to Asana. This should be very straight forward. I have also tried this on 3 separate iPhones. Is this an app issue?

okay, it looks like the notification I was expecting isn’t supported by Asana. I simply wanted a notification to be pushed at the time a task is due. Like any other task app out there.

Please add this feature. I would imagine a lot of other people would also want a notification when a task is due at the time specified.

3 Likes