Integrating MS SharePoint with Asana

Hey,

I’m trying to integrate Asana with MS SharePoint. Therefore, I make use of Microsoft Flow in order to copy my Asana tasks into a SharePoint list, but I’m struggling at this point, as I always get error messages, even with the default workflow templates for Asana in Flow.

The error messages that I get for 3 different workflows are:

{
“errors”: [
{
“message”: “Must specify exactly one of project, tag, or assignee + workspace”,
“help”: “For more information on API status codes and how to handle them, read the docs on errors: Build an app with Asana
}
]
}
This occurs for all my workflows, although I have inserted a correct project and workspace ID, since I could select them via dropout menus.

Do you have any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Vinc

2 Likes

Hey Vinc, sorry you’re having issues with Flow. I was just able to successfully set up one of the templated workflows. Two things come to mind that may be causing the issue for you:

1. You may be trying to sync a project (or workspace depending on the flow) that is too large. Depending on how Microsoft wrote the code, it could time out if there are too many tasks and/or subtasks in the project. I suggest testing with a smaller project.

2. Another possibility is that you don’t have an accurate IDs. You can get task and project IDs from the URL in the product. If you click on a project the URL will look like “Log in - Asana”. The number is the project ID. If you click on a task, the second number in the URL will be the task number and it will look like “Log in - Asana”. To get your workspace ID, you need to use the Asana API. The simplest way to do so is with the API explorer. To use it, go to the API docs, scroll to the top and click the “Explorer” tab, Authorize, then scroll to the bottom and press Submit. This will return the names and IDs of your workspaces.

Hopefully one of those two suggestions fixes the problem for you. If not, I suggest checking with Flow’s support as they built the integration.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your help and suggestions, but it still doesn’t work with the both options, as I’m getting the same error message plus this one:

{
“Date”: “Wed, 12 Jul 2017 16:30:12 GMT”,
“Location”: “https://europe-001.azure-apim.net/apim/asana/shared-asana-91c23294-7ee5-4d29-add0-fa3cbfe075be/complete_task_trigger/tasks?workspace=498346170860&project=384251258796910&opt_fields=id,created_at,modified_at,name,notes,assignee.id,assignee.name,completed,assignee_status,completed_at,due_on,due_at,projects.id,projects.name,tags,workspace.id,workspace.name,num_hearts,parent,hearted,hearts,memberships&timestamp=2017-07-12T16:30:59.320Z”,
“Server”: “Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0”,
“Content-Length”: “0”
}

Do you know any further methods, since I’ve already contacted the Flow support, but they think it’s an Asana API issue?

Best regards,
Vincent

As I mentioned, Microsoft built this integration, so I don’t have any insight into what is going wrong on the backend. I will reach out to the Flow team and see if I can help troubleshoot.

1 Like

Any update on this?

Hi, Vinc. I´m finding this old post. Did you have any luck?

I googled to the infinity and there´s no workd on a workflow to copy my Asana Tasks to a Sharepoint list anywhere.