Workspace ID and MS Power Automation

Hello, First, let me say that I am not a coder. I am just an average user. I would like to take advantage of a template in the MS Power Automate (Formally known as Flows) to send a message to a MS TEAM group whenever a new project is added to a particular team in Asana. It is asking for workspace ID. The generic one that comes up is our company name.org but that gives me an error so I tried using the name of actual team I want to use. but this fails also. Does anyone have any knowledge on how this works?

Thanks, CC

@lpb, @Bastien_Siebman, @Phil_Seeman any chance you’re familiar with this?

1 Like

@anon79735780 and @Marie,

This is likely the Workspace GID, a long, unique number corresponding to the name of the workspace.

If you click Profile Image > Admin Console, the URL of the new browser tab/page will be like this:

https://app.asana.com/admin/99999999999999/insights

It’s whatever is found in the part with the 9’s above.

You can instead go to Asana API Explorer, grant access, then select in the two dropdowns 1) Workspaces, 2) GET /workspaces. Then Submit and look at the results. It’s the “gid” property for the workspace in question.

I haven’t used MS Power Automation except to try it; it’s like Zapier basically.

Hope that helps,

Larry

2 Likes

This worked. Thank you!

1 Like

@ahmed_ezz i had to use these ID’s for workspace and project even though there was a dropdown in Microsoft Flow with selectable items. Seems like an MS bug but entering the numbers works.

Used for “Create a task in Asana when an Office 365 Outlook email is flagged”

1 Like

An Easy way to check the workspace ID for the workspace you are currently logged in to in your browser, is visiting: asana.com/api/1.0/workspaces in your browser.

Your rowser will give a response like this:

With “gid” as your workspace ID.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ham yes true and for few times i was able to add by items (project names), most probably its a Microsoft bug.

1 Like