Cannot create project in MS Flow

Hi,

I am trying to create a new project in Asana using Microsoft Flow. When I create the flow, there is an option to select the Workspace ID and add a Project Name, but no option to select the Team that I want the project created in. When I run the flow, it fails because I haven’t specified what Team I want it created in.

How can I specify the Team to create the project in?

Thanks,
David

Hi @David20 and apologies for the trouble! Workspaces are essentially self-contained Teams, which probably explains why you’re not able to pick a Team. I just took a look at Asana - Connectors | Microsoft Learn and creating a project within a Workspace doesn’t seem to require a Team. Can you double check if you’ve followed the steps to create a project in Workspace and not an Organization?

Hi Marie,

I have the exact same problem. There is no option to choose “team” because as you could see in Microsoft’s documentation, Flow connector doesn’t require that, therefore it’s impossible to create a project… :frowning:

This is the error message,

"errors": [
"message": "Missing required team field",
"help": "For more information on API status codes and how to handle them, read the docs on errors: Build an app with Asana;

Please help to find a solution, it’s not unique, it’s quite an old issue:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Asana-CreateProject-Bug/td-p/131452

Thank You! :slight_smile:

Hi @Zoltan_Derek,

Exactly what I was getting at, thank you! @Marie, any help you could offer would be great!

Thanks,
David

Thanks for the additional information @David20; Ive gone ahead and reported the issue to our Development Team; I’ll be in touch as soon as I have an update!

Quick update @David20 and @Zoltan_Derek! These flows were actually built by Microsoft so it’s not something we can directly fix on our end, unfortunately! Our Team in charge of integrations will reach out to Microsoft, but I would also recommend you to do so to help speed up the process! I’ll keep you posted as soon as I get an update on my end!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.