Improved Zapier Functionality (For Project Creation)

Strange! Try this :slight_smile:

Image%202019-06-10%20at%207.09.28%20PM

2 Likes

perfect, thanks!

Hi team,
I’m able to duplicate the task but it’s not getting associated with the Project where it lives. How do I do that?
Also, it came across as “Completed.” How do I set the proper status?
Thank you!!

@abass ^^^

Please help!

@Phil_Seeman

Hi Phil. Looking for some guidance on this: Improved Zapier Functionality (For Project Creation) - #65 by Max_Lederman

Hi @anon97149119,

Can you post a screenshot of what you’re sending now to accomplish the duplication?

Thank you SO much for getting back to me!

I now able to set the Status of the duplicated ticket as OPEN (not complete) so that’s been resolved. I am also able to set the Assignee. All of this is via an UPDATE action in my Zap.

My only issue now is making sure it gets added to the right Project and the right Section. However, Zap support is telling me that the Asana API does not allow for a Task to be added to a specific Project during duplication and I don’t see how to make sure it gets into the right section in the Update.

They are correct, I’m afraid. See my post here and Ross Grambo’s below it:

Thank you @Phil_Seeman
My only question now… how do I “set the project in a second request?” I don’t see that option within the Zap Update Task option.

Instead of “Update task”, try the action “Add task to section of a project” - I think that will work for your scenario.