Use custom project template with zapier "new project" integration or after new project is created in Asana

Is there a way to choose a custom template in the zapier integration for creating a new asana project?

If not then is there a way to add a template after a new project has been created?

I cannot seem to find an answer for either question.

4 Likes

We need the same feature, any update?

I would also love to have this ability!

We also have this need…

No, this is not an option as there is no “Copy Project” action. You would have to build the project separately in Zapier. This isn’t too bad for smaller workflows, but can be a bit time consuming for larger templates. I help clients with this often and would be happy to help if you’d like assistance.

Todd
projectmanagementpros.com

1 Like

Bump! Need this badly.

As I am not an active Zapier user, can I ask why the project template function is not simply used in Asana. The reason I ask is that I am about to release a completely different method of mass additions of new projects from an existing number of templates as well as using the tasks in an existing project template. It has all the election features of copying a task and a ton of flexibility. I would appreciate a look at my post and see what I am missing that might help. Sendana Tools-Sendana Add- A Novel Way to Add and/or Transfer Projects and Tasks In Mass

Any updates on this?