We run our entire company off of Asana and we have hit a snag with a new integration we are looking to build.
I am wondering how to either add a project template into an existing project or create a new project in Zapier using an existing template. I have seen this asked previously, but the workarounds presented do not work for our use case.
Our use case:
- We create a unique project for every client we work with
- We receive 10+ new clients per day
- We have a zap set up to create a new project whenever a new form is submitted, however, this creates a blank project
- Our new project template has ~400 tasks/sub-tasks
- We also need to upload ongoing files/communication into the project (using the project name as a connection point)
- We cannot copy/paste the project template into the new project as sub-tasks do not copy over (we have many, and tasks within those tasks)
- We cannot upload via CSV as this takes ~15 minutes to upload all of these tasks and does not include the ability to add sections via .csv upload
- We need the project created/named appropriately as soon as we receive it as any communication from our client is zapped into the Asana project with the appropriate name. If we receive communication prior to a new project being built this will be housed outside of the proper project.
Do you have any suggested workarounds or a timeframe on when we will have the ability to:
- Upload a project template into an existing project
- Create a project via Zapier using a pre-existing project template