Would it be possible to add the option to only receive notifications on mentions? Being part of multiple projects and following my team’s tasks gets frustrating in the amount of notifications that I get. I need to receive mentions, as those are on things that require my urgent attention, but I do not necessarily need to get all notifications, as I go to the tasks regularly anyhow to give updates and check status. It would be very helpful to have the option to turn on e-mail/inbox notifications for mentions only and ignore all else, or only get mentions to mail and all the rest to inbox.
This is a great question, though at the moment notifications are unable to be toggled so that you get a notification only if you are @mentioned. Rather, notifications are sent out if any of the following activities occur:
- A task is assigned to you
- A task is unassigned from you
- A task assigned to you has its due date changed
- You have been @mentioned in a task and added as a follower
- A task you are following has new attachments
- A task you are following has new comments
- A task you are following is marked complete
- A task you are following is given a Like
- Your comment is liked
- Your attachment is liked
- Your task completion is liked
- A Conversation is started in a team or a project you’re a member of
- A comment is posted in a Conversation you’re following
- A project you are a member of has new tasks
- There is a new status for a project you’re a member of
- The status of a task you’ve been waiting on has been changed
Additional information is available at the following link to our guide: https://asana.com/guide/help/email/email-from-asana#gl-activity
That said, I’d be happy to pass on your request to our product team to review, though at the moment we don’t have the ability adjust your notifications according to your wishes just yet.
Hope this helps Jakub!
I know that is the case with the notifications, but it would be great to have the ability to choose only those which are actually relevant for any given team member. At this point, you either get your inbox swamped with tens or hundreds of notifications, which wastes a lot of time to sort through and causes a chance to overlook something important.
I am pretty sure more Asana users would actually find the possibility to only get notified on @mentions to mail, while copy of everything including the @mentions stays in asana inbox would be awesome option to have. Asana has quite the potential, and if the settings are there in the back end already, it would be great to have the option to select which notifications you actually want to get or not.
Case being: my team works on projects and I only go there once/twice a day to check on the status of active ones, but I do not need to be notified on those which are closed, as I’ll see that easily in overview. On the other hand, I need to know where I was mentioned to give opinion or additional info missing to allow team to finish the tasks. That is priority notification which I need, but all else is just “FYI” kind of good to know, but not necessary to get directly.