Not getting notified for @mentions

My users are reporting that they are not getting notified for all of their @mentions. The use case is that a user is not part of the project team, not a previous collaborator on a task, nor assigned to the task. However, when someone @mentions them, it goes into their Asana inbox, but they aren’t getting email notifications. Many of my users who mainly use their email notifications are worried they are missing a lot of communications because they aren’t getting emailed when they are @mentioned.

Can we ask to get the Activity list for the Asana Inbox: https://asana.com/guide/help/fundamentals/inbox to match the Activity list for email notifications: https://asana.com/guide/help/email/email-from-asana ?

It would also be great if we can pick and choose which activities we get email notifications for in the list.

Thanks!

Thank you for reaching out @Tiara_Moske and apologies for the inconvenience here.

As it stands, if you have enabled your email notifications for Activity updates, you should receive an email notifying when somebody has @mentioned you in Asana. Please note that if you’re receiving multiple notifications, Asana will automatically batch them into a single email to avoid spamming your mail box.

Can you please confirm you have these notifications enabled?

If this is not the issue, I would recommend your colleague’s to contact our Support Team so they can take a closer look into your their account and assist them further.

I hope this helps Tiara! Looking forward to your reply!

Actually, we do have Activity updates checked under Email Notifications. But that’s not the problem. The problem is when a person is @ mentioned for the first time in a comment in a task they are not a follower of previously. They may get a notification in their Asana inbox, but not an email notification.

This is happening with increasing frequency. I’ve tried to find a workaround, in which I add the person as a follower to the task before I @ mention them in the comment. However, that seems like double work to get them to receive an email notification that the comment is addressed to them.