Display start time in calendar view

Currently due_at/end time time shows on calendar if start_at and due_at exist.
I understand that Asana’s focus is when tasks are due, however, as Asana adds features and teams expand their use of the platform, a simple toggle or checkbox to switch between ‘start time’ and ‘due time’ display would make the calendar more useful at a glance.

Hi @as_an_android, thanks for providing this feedback!

As start times is a new feature, hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates!

1 Like

Our use of Asana includes scheduling events in our lecture recording studios. Asana has been a great tool for this purpose because it allows us to assign subtasks to the different support roles for those events (producer, director, camera operators, etc). We’ve had to rely on custom fields to specify start times and end times because Asana, until recently, did not provide a start time option. In order for the calendar view to function, however, we also had to continue to use the built-in due date field. Our due date/time actually represented the start date/time of our event. This became problematic because the same information was contained in two locations (due date time and custom field start time) and could get out of sync if a user wasn’t careful to update both fields. Fortunately, it appears there is now the ability to specify a start time in the built-in due date field which could allow us to eliminate our custom fields altogether. This is fantastic! Unfortunately, the calendar view continues to represent those event tasks with the due time rather than the start time. For scheduling purposes, we need to be able to look at reports in calendar view and see when an event starts and ends, not just when it ends.

Also, the csv export does not include the start time and due time. It only includes the start date and due date. That also appears to be the case with the sync to my Outlook calendar. It would be nice if those included the times to properly populate an external calendar.

Hi @David_Hess1, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile: