Desktop Notifications

Hm, itā€™ll be a very useful feature, why it has not been done so far? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I fully agree, If you check the trello Chrome notification its fa away better tha asana notification. Im using mail notification, but then my mail box is spammed

1 Like

Adding another vote. One of our ongoing implementation struggles is not having desktop notifications. Weā€™ve gotten about everyone to keep Asana open all day, but itā€™s frustrating to have to keep checking for the orange dot!

1 Like

Hi Asana team, I am SO jumping onto this suggestion. If Asana is here to help us reduce our email flood, desktop notifications is the best way to do it at the office.

1 Like

YES!!! Another company voting yes on this! (and would LOVE sound and visual non-email notifications associated with task due dates/times as well). Would love if Asana were at least closely integrated with something like Whatā€™s App, which has great features (like the ability to mark a message as a favorite, multiple threads, great notifications, mobile and desktop apps) and used around the world. The integration with Slack doesnā€™t work closely enough to be effective; is just more clutter at this point. Agreed with the rest of this conversationā€¦ the notification piece is a make it or break it necessity for a PM tool!!

1 Like

I too agree. Asana should have desktop notifications to alert us if there is something important. And also, these messages should be listed inside a notification center in Asana dashboard. Asana already has a similar feature called Inbox. But again, itā€™s confusing. It should list simple messages like this -

User XYZ commented on your task #123-API v2.

And upon clicking that message, we should go to the task page, focussing the comment.

1 Like
    Yes please
1 Like

+1 on adding chrome desktop notifications. This would be awesome!

1 Like

Yes please, employees are missing things.

1 Like

+1 it would be awesome

1 Like

Hi @Daniel_Fisher and @Oleg_Chepkin to click on the ā€œVoteā€ button at the top of this thread (Desktop Notifications) to officially add your vote for this feature request. :slight_smile: Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

+1 right now employees at my firm are missing important notifications

1 Like

I am shocked that there is no Desktop notifications. This is 100% needed for Asana. We are trying to switch our company over but itā€™s almost impossible to use all the features such as conversations if the team is not getting notified on their desktops.
PLEASE ADD THIS ASAP.

1 Like

Need Desktop Notifications STAT.

1 Like

Ironically, I just received a notification from Chrome to allow desktop notifications for the community page of Asana. Now if we can get that for the Inbox in Asana itselfā€¦ world domination!

1 Like

Same here, come on Asana Team, itā€™s time already!

1 Like

Need notifications!

1 Like

+1 on adding chrome desktop notifications. Iā€™ve used asana for a few months now and my contractors/team members are not getting to comments/changes quickly. Does anyone know if there is a workaround to push comment notifications to slack?

1 Like

There is a new Asana/Slack integration that is pretty good. I am not sure if premium slack is required or not though. I use it and I like it You can update, and do some management of tasks right from asana. But I still want a native notifier for asana.

1 Like

+1 - Desktop Notifications feels like a must and is something we really miss from using Trello.

1 Like