Desktop Notifications

Are there really no desktop notifications?! I thought I was just missing the option. This is silly, why would you have chat functionality with no desktop notifications, surely its in dev.

2 Likes

I would like to vote for this feature.

1 Like

Asana team, would you give answer for us about this feature?
It is really hard to use slack, skype, whatsapp and so on to communicate in real time outside asana. Please, please, please! Dont forget about unseen notifications;)

1 Like

It’s a dealbreaker. Not not having it means we’re forced to use several apps for our work. It’s not something anybody would want to do. As pointed out previously notifications are essential and core to any collaboration, IRL or otherwise.

This feature please

1 Like

Hey there - has anyone figured out a workaround to get desktop notifications on a windows PC? My team loves Asana, but we all struggle with having to go check for notifications. Would love a solution to get them to pop up for us!

3 Likes

I can’t believe this isn’t a thing in Asana
 Especially with browsers being able to send push notifications these days
 I would think this would be something a task app would have in day 1
 Not to mention there isn’t even mobile app push notifications yet

2 Likes

+1 for this. I currently have emails turned off and don’t actively check my Asana inbox. Desktop notifications would be very handy to stay up to date.

3 Likes

+1 for this.

3 Likes

how is this not a thing?

3 Likes

+1 - having desktop notifications is clutch

2 Likes

I think that asana team has agreement with slack team about notifications. But integration slack and asana is really poir, even after latest upgrade. Integration asana with slack through zapier or so on - big shit, I spent a lot of time to achieve results

Asana, dont loose market only by notification reason.

1 Like

One more thing:
When asana will have proper notifications with counters - I will subscribe for premium. Im waiting for it sooo long.

1 Like

Anyone know when desktop notifications will be added as a feature? It’s a little mind-blowing that any PM tool would not have this as a standard feature.

Does anyone have any work around or trick for this?

2 Likes

My company doesn’t use slack, and won’t in the foreseeable future, which eliminates the possibility of receiving push notifications through that integration. Having a built-in Asana push notification for inbox notifications would be eliminate the need to check the inbox repeatedly throughout the day.

3 Likes

+1 for this idea

1 Like

Here’s a workaround I have been using for this missing critical functionality. Install Pushbullet on your phone and synchronize your phone’s notifications. Once complete, when you receive an Asana notification on your phone, it will pop up in Chrome. It works for me now, but I still cannot believe Asana has not incorporated this solution (nor responded to the requests).

2 Likes

Count me and my coworkers as +5 for this feature.

3 Likes

Still nothing? Come on asana please.

2 Likes

YES PLEASE! Would help in my non-stop struggle to get our team off of Slack for nearly everything

1 Like