Desktop App Messages Notifications/Messages tab inbox

The send message feature within Asana seems pretty redundant if it’s not notifying anyone effectively…

My team all have the Asana desktop app installed on their Macs with notifications enabled from system preferences. All of their manage notification settings within the app are all set to show.

The Asana feature of sending a message to a specific projects team members is brilliant, however, the notification is very poor.

The message will appear in their inbox without a desktop notification area amongst hundreds of other actions that they’ve been working on throughout the day and it gets lost. Furthermore, theres no area to see messages received so they couldn’t filter it if they wanted to (they can only see messages sent).

It would be great to get a “Messages” tab in the inbox and a desktop notification please as part of the desktop app so the messages can be an effective asset! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Sophie_Warner, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

I just realized that I don’t ever get a notification when someone sends me a direct message or responds to a message I sent them. I believe it would be something extremely helpful to speed un communication within Asana.

Hey @Esteban_Giannini, I have merged your post into an existing feedback request thread. Your vote was transferred as well :slight_smile:

1 Like