Desktop notifications VS Member notification settings

Hi! I’m using the desktop app on Mac and wondering what the difference is between setting Desktop notifications and Member notification settings? Do the Member notification settings only apply to me, or all in that project?

I would like to to get inbox notifications ONLY when someone mentions me. Do I have to go in to all projects and turn ALL Member notifications off to make it work?

Hi @anon80054577, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

Desktop leverages native OS notifications, which mirror Browser Notifications in functionality.

Member notification settings only apply to you and these notifications will appear in your Inbox. You can manage what notifications you would like to receive per project in your inbox. At the moment, you can select between receiving Status Updates, Messages or Tasks added to the project.

If you would like to focus on notifications when someone @ mentions you, you can filter your inbox by @MentionedAsana Inbox | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

You could also disable all member notifications per project and set that all member notifications are disabled by default when you are invited or create new projects:

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

How do I set that all member notifications are disabled by default?

Are you sure all here are only my personal notification settings?

Thanks for getting back to me, @anon80054577! I’m afraid it’s currently not possible to set that all member notifications are disabled by default. Each project member can select their default preferences in their settings. Alternatively, you can untick the boxes for all members in your project so they don’t get notified.

Your personal notification settings can be manage by clicking your profile picture > “My Settings” > Notifications.

In your screenshot, I see you are managing member notification settings, and you have disabled all member notifications for a specific project. This means you won’t be notified in your inbox for new status updates, messages, or tasks added to the project.

This desktop app icon gives me notification (red dot) when someone just do anything in a task that I’m assigned to, not only @mentions
Skärmavbild 2022-05-19 kl. 11.38.24

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.