Redirect to desktop app from email notifications

The desktop app is here, yay! Unfortunately there’s no preference setting that redirects a user to the ticket in the desktop app when one clicks on “Reply in Asana” on an email notification. :frowning: Still opens on the web.

Hi @Bianca_Miranda, thanks for reaching out!

The feature for task links to open in the desktop app has not yet been fully rolled out to all users!

While you might not have access to this feature just yet, you will soon! I’ll keep you updated on this thread once this rolls out to 100% of users :slight_smile:

Hey there @Rebecca_McGrath. I help onboard people into Asana at my company and I am getting this question a lot. They are wondering how to redirect to the app vs. the web browser from notifications in their slack and email

Are there any instructions yet for this so I can see if I have the access, try it, and then give it to them after it rolls out to everyone? Thank you!!

Hey @KimberlyAnn_DiCredic, you can try to click “Reply in Asana” in an Asana email with the desktop app downloaded. If you are redirected to a browser, you don’t have access to this feature just yet but as I mentioned, you will soon!

I’ll keep you updated on this thread once this rolls out to 100% of users :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.