Task links opening in browser, not Mac desktop app

I’d like to re-open this: Task links opening in browser, not app because it’s still an ongoing issue. Thanks!

Hi @SirHomeALot, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Thanks for raising this! On the browser version of Asana, you can opt to open links in the browser or in the app. Just click your profile icon and select Settings > Apps.

Can you confirm if this is toggled on, to open links the app but they are still opening in the browser?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey Rebecca! So yes, this setting is turned on, but when I click Asana links in emails or Teams, they always open up a Chrome tab first, and then I have to click the “open in Asana” option to get to the item in the Asana desktop app.

Thanks for following up, @SirHomeALot! Could you please try clearing you cache on your browser and let me know if the same is still happening?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Yes, even after clearing the cache, these links still open a new tab in Chrome before jumping over to the Asana app. Although I see the same behavior with Teams links, Zoom links, and Webex links even though I have these desktop apps installed too – is it possible there’s no way to jump straight from one app to another without going through a browser first?

Hi @SirHomeALot, thanks for following up! To clarify, this only happens when clicking an Asana link in another app installed on your desktop, and not when using a browser to open Asana links?

AFAIK, I don’t get Asana links in my browser so I can’t speak to that – this is mostly for Asana links in my email client, Teams desktop app, slack desktop app, etc.

Hmm, interesting @SirHomeALot! I recommend reaching out to our Support team with a screen recording of this happening. As our Support team has access to additional tools that we don’t have on the Community team, they’ll be able to look into this further for you.

You can reach them by following these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.